Babies: 3 - 6 Months

rolling at night

So, LO has started rolling over. She sometimes gets stuck and fusses for me to flip her back. However, if her right arm is still under her body she can push herself back. Last night I walked in and found her lying on her belly, arms and legs sprawled out, face to the side and fast asleep. It was super cute. But, I got worried and flipped her back. Of course, that woke her up. What would you do? Should I have left her or not? When in that position she can't flip herself back yet but her airflow wasn't blocked off. I think if she woke up she would have started fussing and that would have woken me up but I'm still worried? Thoughts/advice?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: rolling at night

• I would have left her.  I think when they get themselves on their tummy then its ok to let them sleep that way.  My DD is starting to do that too, only her one arm always gets pinned underneath her.  She usually sleeps on her side though.  I think you would hear her fuss if she wanted to flip and can move her head well enough that you don't need to worry.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NiniJ55NiniJ55 member
    I would have left her alone.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My pedi told me that once they can get themselves onto their tummy it's fine to let them stay that way.  She also told me that a lot of babies prefer to sleep on their tummies, so once they figure out how to get on their tummies even if you flip them back onto their backs, they flip right back over onto their bellies anyway.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNiniJ55:
    I would have left her alone.

This. DS rolls all over the place in his crib.  If he can roll, then he will if he needs to.

• DH gets so paranoid now that we just transitioned LO to his crib about a week ago. I keep trying to assure him by telling himj if his face ends up in the mattress or bumpers, he's old enough to move his face so he can breathe. Maybe try putting her on her belly through out the day during nap time to see if it makes you feel more comfortable. She should probably be good enough to move her head if she can't breathe, you know?
  • imageAmberrrr:
    DH gets so paranoid now that we just transitioned LO to his crib about a week ago. I keep trying to assure him by telling himj if his face ends up in the mattress or bumpers, he's old enough to move his face so he can breathe. Maybe try putting her on her belly through out the day during nap time to see if it makes you feel more comfortable. She should probably be good enough to move her head if she can't breathe, you know?

The mattress is something you need, but why bumpers?

• AbMurphAbMurph member
    Thanks for the info everyone. I've been placing her on her belly during the day (actually, she tries herself) and she does fine. FTM here so I worry a lot!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My girls started doing this about a month ago and I was nervous at first but I left them that way.  They are really good at rolling over both ways so I am not worried anymore.  Now the only way they really sleep is on their bellies with legs curled up under them and their little butts up in the air.  So cute!!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:

imageAmberrrr:
    DH gets so paranoid now that we just transitioned LO to his crib about a week ago. I keep trying to assure him by telling himj if his face ends up in the mattress or bumpers, he's old enough to move his face so he can breathe. Maybe try putting her on her belly through out the day during nap time to see if it makes you feel more comfortable. She should probably be good enough to move her head if she can't breathe, you know?

I have used bumpers since LO was around 2 months! The way I figure, the chance of him getting himself in the position to have his face pressed against the bumper to the point where he cannot breath (extortionist?) is WAY less than him getting his limb stuck in the bars and hurting himself. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with them. 

I also have used blankets since day one.

If we keep up this "paranoia" with babies, they will soon be playing in a bubble and sleeping on a concrete slab. It's just ridiculous! Let people do what they want without judgement!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imagekelleynb28:
    imagemabenner1:

imageAmberrrr:

I have used bumpers since LO was around 2 months! The way I figure, the chance of him getting himself in the position to have his face pressed against the bumper to the point where he cannot breath (extortionist?) is WAY less than him getting his limb stuck in the bars and hurting himself. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with them. 

If we keep up this "paranoia" with babies, they will soon be playing in a bubble and sleeping on a concrete slab. It's just ridiculous! Let people do what they want without judgement!

Would you say the same thing if the conversation was about smoking with LO's in the car?  Because bumpers and blankets in the crib are dangerous as well. 

• imagemabenner1:
    imagekelleynb28:
    imagemabenner1:

imageAmberrrr:

Would you say the same thing if the conversation was about smoking with LO's in the car?  Because bumpers and blankets in the crib are dangerous as well. 

Hey, I'm not here to say who is right and who is wrong. Whatever parents' feel is right for their children is up to them. All I am saying is that there are way too many 'guidelines' recently created for parenting. I have heard everything! No snowsuits, no winter sack in carseat, no blankets, no bumpers, no stuffed animals, no sunscreen, no water, no solids until 6 months, etc.

I personally don't smoke but I don't have the right to tell someone NOT to smoke with their children in the car. They can do whatever they want. It is dangerous but it's also none of my business.

I am just tired of someone posting a question and mentioning they are no longer breastfeeding, they use bumpers, they are feeding their LO's solids are 5 months as a side note and being bombarded with accusations and finger pointing because they are doing what feels right for them.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"