November 2011 Moms

Cloth diapers to use to swim?

I posted a few days ago about getting reusable swim diapers. I saw that zulily has some Royal Fluff cloth diapers on ale today. Could I use those to swim in? I'm not familiar with the cloth diapers but could I use this without the inserts under his bathing suit?

https://www.zulily.com/e/royal-fluff-053112.html?pos=0

Otherwise I was planning on ordering the iplay swim diaper from amazon. TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

Re: Cloth diapers to use to swim?

• I use a couple of my cloth diapers that I didn't like as cloth diapers as swim diapers.  They are Haute pockets and Mommys Touch pocket diapers and I just don't stuff them for swimming.  Works just fine.

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • At Target they have disposable swim diapers that what I got for LO and they have worked great for us, there isn't much sunshine in washington so im expecting to only have to buy a couple packs for the summer!
  • Loading the player...
  • JKTTC1JKTTC1 member

imageMommyManda2011:
    At Target they have disposable swim diapers that what I got for LO and they have worked great for us, there isn't much sunshine in washington so im expecting to only have to buy a couple packs for the summer!

We live in the south and swim a lot. $10/20 disposable gets expensive!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• We don't swim much, so I just ordered one Bummis cloth swim diaper.  The Royal Fluff diapers are probably fine as long as you don't buy the ones that look like they have soft minky on the outside.  Zulily charges for shipping and takes forever though, right?  You can use any pocket cloth diaper and just not stuff it. 

You could buy Bum Genius 4.0s for swimming.  They are B5G1 right now ($86.90 for 6, plus 5% off with the coupon BESTDEAL on cottonbabies.com).  You can also check diaperpin.com for sales announcements for other diaper sites.  You might be able to beat amazon's prices on swim diapers.

ETA:  The benefit of buying BG's instead of iplay is that BG are one size, so they will fit through potty training (assuming the chlorine doesn't ruin them first- not sure how hard that is on the diapers.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"