Baby Showers

Another question: this time menu

I am going to be about a month from giving birth myself for the shower I am giving my BFF. I am trying to keep food simple. There is going to be about 30 people (she has a crazy big family) What do you think about the food I plan to serve?

Crock Pot of Buffalo Chicken Dip/chips

A veggie/fruit/cheese platter from Wegmans  

2 big things of baked pasta

Salad and bread

Cupcakes

I feel like I need another "main dish"  Ideas for something not expensive and EASY to make?

Re: Another question: this time menu

• I honestly think you have plenty!

Unless you want to offer a meat option then you could do lasanga?Otherwise, another easy hot dish would be mac and cheese.

• I think what you have is fine.  If the shower is going to be in the summer, you might want to trade out the pasta for some sliced subs instead.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds good to me. You can always get those frozen lasagnas and throw one in the oven!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • FemShepFemShep member
    What time is the shower?  Unless it's right at dinner time, you have plenty.  
  • It is at 2pm.

I guess I am just used to my family eatting a ton, we are Italian, that it seems like I won't have enough.

Thanks for all the advice.

• That sounds like more than enough to me, more than most showers I've been to.  I wouldn't do anything else, especially for a 2pm shower which is in between lunch and dinner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ccamccam member
    imagemdharris29:

It is at 2pm.

I guess I am just used to my family eatting a ton, we are Italian, that it seems like I won't have enough.

I completely know what you are talking about!!  I think you should be fine, but if you wanted to add a 2nd main course, how about some chicken cutlets or sausage and peppers?  You could definitely make the sausage and peppers a day or two ahead and just reheat it. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• imageccam:
    imagemdharris29:

It is at 2pm.

I completely know what you are talking about!!  I think you should be fine, but if you wanted to add a 2nd main course, how about some chicken cutlets or sausage and peppers?  You could definitely make the sausage and peppers a day or two ahead and just reheat it. 

Yep, this is exactly what I was thinking! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageccam:
    imagemdharris29:

It is at 2pm.

Yep, this is exactly what I was thinking! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"