October 2011 Moms

Restaurant Highchairs

Do you use them?

I keep thinking DS is ready for them but he seems to hate them. Also, I feel like they are just HUGE in comparison to him. The one time I got them to work I had to put a blanket behind him and then he proceeded to rock back and forth in an attempt to tip over the chair. So essentially we don't use them, but I would like it. Am I doing something wrong?

For neighborhood restaurnts we bring his space saver highchair and just strap it on a chair, but DH finds this embarssing for some reason.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Restaurant Highchairs

• Wow to taking your space saver... I'm kind of with your DH on that one!

Do you have one of those shopping cart covers?  They also work on high chairs. 

In general, restaurant high chairs skeeve me out, so if I forget the seat cover, I just hold DS.

• We use them with the shopping cart cover. DD likes to sit in them.  I usually give her a few toys that wash well and  feed her to keep her busy while she's in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 2bemum2bemum member
    LO used one for the first time the other day.  I put my jacket behind him and a blanket in front (I was afraid he would fall forward and hit his mouth)  He did pretty good in it.  I just kept him right beside me and back away from the table.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMackalien13:
    I always use the restaurant high chair. I love taking A to Village Inn because they sanitize their high chairs after every use. And yes, I said I love the Village Inn because I a klassy bish.

Yes

We don't have a Village Inn any more :(  But yes we also use restaurant high chairs.  I keep a stash of child safe sani wipes in the diaper bag and wipe them down if they are goobery.

• imageStewartandmaura:
    We use them with the shopping cart cover. DD likes to sit in them.  I usually give her a few toys that wash well and  feed her to keep her busy while she's in there.

This. The cover takes up the extra space.  

• kagl08kagl08 member
    Whenever we go out I always use restaurant highchairs but never without the highchair covers. They skeeve me otherwise!

DS does really well in them and loves sitting with us. We actually have the restaurant style highchairs for our home now for DD and DS and he does great in them. But he doesn't have a choice not to because that's all we have now.
  • We use them and DD seems to like them.  We usually use the cover, although if you saw my HDBD picture you know that I forgot the other day, so I just wiped it down first.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • lkm2006lkm2006 member
    We use them all the time and majority of the time, without a cover. It doesn't bother me at all. Now, if it's gross than obviously I wouldn't use that one. 

• mamaZbomamaZbo member
    We use them. I don't have a cover, but I do bring the infant insert from her convertible car seat to give her a little padding and take up some space. I am not skeeved out by the highchairs.
  • I could care less about the germs from the high chairs. There is just sooo much extra space. Perhaps I could try a cart cover.

Is my kid the only one that tries to knock them over? Like the one time I put him in it successful he almost flipped backwards in all of five minutes.

It is super easy to take the space saver chair though! I have seen other couples do it, so that is how I got the idea ha ha.

ETA: ALSO I feel like DS is so short when I put him into it he barely comes up over the top of the table ha ha.

• DS loves sitting in restaurant highchairs. I always use the shopping cart cover, which seems to make it more comfortable for him. It also has loops on it to attach toys. I also like to use them for the cleanliness factor. I'm not much of a germaphobe, but those things (and shopping carts) gross me out. After seeing some of the blow outs and various other disgusting bodily fluids that come out of DS I prefer to use one.
  • The shopping cart cover helps with padding and filling the seat in so that they don't slide all over the place.

• btsrc5btsrc5 member
    I usually wipe the high chair down really well and then use the seat cover.  DD loves sitting in high chairs.  I feed her while we wait for our food

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• LCassLCass member
    We have this booster seat and we take it with us to restaurants rather than using theirs.  We specially chose this over a more traditional high chair to save space and because it's portable.  We take it to friends and the ILs, too (we used to take it to my parents' house but then my mom decided to buy the exact same chair for at their place).

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• imageAA0417:

imageLCass:
    We have this booster seat and we take it with us to restaurants rather than using theirs.  We specially chose this over a more traditional high chair to save space and because it's portable.  We take it to friends and the ILs, too (we used to take it to my parents' house but then my mom decided to buy the exact same chair for at their place).

We have the same booster. I LOVE it. LO fits so well in it (and has for quite some time). It folds all up to be really compact (smaller than some of our diaper bags). We leave it in our vehicle to take to our families' houses, etc. Before LO could sit up well on his own, enough to use the restaurant ones, we would take it there too. We still use it at some restaurants (there are a few local places that don't have very many highchairs, so we can just grab ours from the truck if there are a bunch of kids there that day, etc.).

This is basically what I meant by bringing in the space saver seat and poeple made fun of me! Plus, this way he can eat on his own since I can put food on the tray (since I mentioned the table height doesn't usually work well for him).

• We use the restaurant high chairs, lots of places sanitizes them now.  I bring wipes just in case. 
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • LCassLCass member
    imagekarinothing:
    imageAA0417:

imageLCass:

We have the same booster. I LOVE it. LO fits so well in it (and has for quite some time). It folds all up to be really compact (smaller than some of our diaper bags). We leave it in our vehicle to take to our families' houses, etc. Before LO could sit up well on his own, enough to use the restaurant ones, we would take it there too. We still use it at some restaurants (there are a few local places that don't have very many highchairs, so we can just grab ours from the truck if there are a bunch of kids there that day, etc.).

This is basically what I meant by bringing in the space saver seat and poeple made fun of me! Plus, this way he can eat on his own since I can put food on the tray (since I mentioned the table height doesn't usually work well for him).

Yeah, I didn't see the big deal about taking your own in.  Not sure if the space saver is quite as convenient as this one, but if it works then I don't see a reason to stop.  When she's bigger we might use the restaurant ones and the table, but for now I really like using ours and the tray.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• I feel like LBB is too small for a highchair too - he's a little guy.  So he just sits on my lap.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have this hook on high chair and its a very easy to set up works with 99% of tables and is easy to store. also, this way, they can sit at the table on the inside instead of in the aisle which makes me very nervous. It is very sturdy and our son who is almost 20 pounds loves it!

https://www.chiccousa.com/gear/highchairs-hookons/caddy-hook-on-highchair/caddy-hook-on-red.aspx

• imagemichpedelle85:

We have this hook on high chair and its a very easy to set up works with 99% of tables and is easy to store. also, this way, they can sit at the table on the inside instead of in the aisle which makes me very nervous. It is very sturdy and our son who is almost 20 pounds loves it!

https://www.chiccousa.com/gear/highchairs-hookons/caddy-hook-on-highchair/caddy-hook-on-red.aspx

Oh, this is a good idea too and looks pretty portable. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"