September 2012 Moms

The opposite of constipation (TMI alert)

I know constipation is common in pregnancy, but is anyone having...ummm...the opposite problem? I eat a super healthy diet and drink tons of water, so I'm not concerned about getting dehydrated. But, I read so much about how pregnancy causes constipation and here I am every morning like clockwork with the softest poos. Sorry, for tmi.

I'd rather this than constipation, but wanted to know if it's normal. Big Smile

Re: The opposite of constipation (TMI alert)

• Very normal, unfortunately. You're not alone! I had IBS before pregnancy but man, it has gotten intense with pregnancy. As long as you're not getting dehydrated, you're probably fine. (Helpful tip: if it's happening a lot and you're getting a bit, um, raw, get some flushable toddler wet wipes. It's been a life saver for me.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have IBS, too. What makes me feel OK is that I'm only going once per day...it's not like all day every day, thank goodness.

Haha, here in Italy we have the bidet, which is the best thing ever. Again, with the tmi. Sorry :-)

• Loading the player...
  • I have been wondering the same thing! I'm right there with ya. And the really gross part is I keep staining the toilet and have to constantly clean it! :-/ My husband jokes about it, but I just keep saying it wasn't me it was the baby. lol
  • PokedotPokedot member
    I swear I was constipated for like a day this whole pregnancy. My problem now is I have no warning. All of the sudden the urge is there and I get a rumbling in my gut like I'm not going to make it to the bathroom. However, when all is said and done its totally normal like pre-pregnancy. Its so strange! I'm glad I'm not constipated but some warning would be GREAT!

• Sometimes I'm afraid I will poop the baby out @.@ stupid huh, I guess from the pushing

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm with you. I got clearance to take an Immodium every day and that's the only thing that keeps it under control. I had the same problem with DD and I think the fact that I start each day with a hot coffee only makes it worse. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"