December 2011 Moms
Options

DH propped DS infront of the TV... FUMING!

So usually I can keep my clam... and usually DH isn't such a dink... but I am about to explode.  

This morning DS woke up earlier than usual - and I was getting ready for work.  DH has the day off.  So DH fed him and while I was getting ready - he propped DS in front of the 'Baby's first TV' station on Direct TV.  I've done this a time or two in order to finish getting ready and NO MORE than for 15-20 minutes.  So... after about 20 minutes I had to leave for work...  DH SOUND ASLEEP.  

I wake him up and say, "Babe, A is ready to go down for his morning nap... please just swaddle him up and put him in the crib... he'll go right down for you - AND you can go right back to sleep".... I got little response... so I shook him a bit to wake him up.  He woke up and started moving around like he was actually going to put A to bed again.  

TEXT and CALL him on the way to work... no response... I get a call from him at 9 - saying the two of them got up at 8:30.  So I say, "good - did he go back down for you when you swaddled him?" He then told me that he never did... 

So... he's saying that A sat in front of the DA$N TV for 2 FREAKING hours?!?!?

I'm Livid....

Then... he was confused as to why A had a breakdown when he was dropped off at the daycare's house...

Thank you for letting me vent - I know this doesn't happen every day - and my DH isn't an idiot... He's a good dad... who worked until 11:30 last night.. and 6 AM came early... I get it... I am on the verge of tears and needed to vent to someone...

Thanks 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH propped DS infront of the TV... FUMING!

• Options

Well at least it was a baby channel.

LO will live. As long as its not a daily thing there really is not a big deal in my eyes. I get that you are mad but it seems like you are slightly over reacting. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I understand you're upset. But it's not like it happens everyday, so I wouldn't get to worked up over it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eh... I can't say anything, I bought a portable DVD player that hooks onto the seat and 10 Baby Einstein DVD's for DD's first 8 hour car ride. It kept her entertained and less pissed off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemichelle142:
    I understand you're upset. But it's not like it happens everyday, so I wouldn't get to worked up over it.

Exactly, we all have our moments.  

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options

Awww, I'm sorry.  :( 

It's hard being a working mom... I often feel like I do so much more than anyone else when caring for my DS. I don't often ask for help and when I do, I really need it.  Asking your DH to do something that was super easy, and then him not doing it is maddening.

It will be OK, though, and if I were in your shoes I would take a deep breath, and then talk to him tonight about it if you can.  It wasn't a big thing, but something else could be in future.  You have to be able to trust that what you ask him to do will get done.

• Options

I know I'm over reacting... but I needed to vent.  I'm having a really hard time being a working mom... and it is VERY hard knowing that he would have been asleep just fine had DH just gotten up.  

I know it's not the end of the world.  But thank you for letting me get it out.  I guess I'm just stressed - and glad that I came on here instead of getting upset with DH..  

Thank you for talking me off the ledge!  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would have been mad too. Obviously it's not the end of the world and you know that but it's more the fact that you asked him to do something and he didn't do it. Especially when it comes to your child, you want things done a certain way, I get that.

If it makes you feel any better I was livid at DH this morning, he was making the daycare bottles and spilled an ENTIRE bottle of breastmilk so we had to use more formula, not to mention what a waste of milk:( He was only trying to help but it was still infuriating, MEN. haha.

Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemichelle142:

ditto.

I'd be more annoyed at the fact that he fell asleep when he was supposed to be taking care of the baby

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options

imagexraychick07:
    Eh... I can't say anything, I bought a portable DVD player that hooks onto the seat and 10 Baby Einstein DVD's for DD's first 8 hour car ride. It kept her entertained and less pissed off.

Us exactly! We use our iPad and Netflix because Kennedy hates the car! 

• Options
    imageMrsT2008:

imagemichelle142:

ditto.

I'd be more annoyed at the fact that he fell asleep when he was supposed to be taking care of the baby

This. Tv is nbd in my book, but LO propped in a bouncy chair (I'm assuming) awake while dad is snoozing...that's an issue in my book. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagewhirlygirl00:

I would have been mad too. Obviously it's not the end of the world and you know that but it's more the fact that you asked him to do something and he didn't do it. Especially when it comes to your child, you want things done a certain way, I get that.

If it makes you feel any better I was livid at DH this morning, he was making the daycare bottles and spilled an ENTIRE bottle of breastmilk so we had to use more formula, not to mention what a waste of milk:( He was only trying to help but it was still infuriating, MEN. haha.

Oh no! That is horrifying!!

My DH was doing a small 1 ounce bottle of breastmilk back when we were acclimating DS to the bottle and accidentally tipped it over and the top wasn't secure.  He was more upset than I was, and actually cried he felt so bad.  He rarely cries. I was shocked.

• Options
    Eh, the TV part doesn't sound like a huge issue, but I would be more upset at the fact that DH ignored me (and the baby) when it was his responsibility to watch LO.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Did the baby really stay awake and watch a full two hours of tv without fussing??  My bet is that the baby fell asleep, even if he was sitting up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"