August 2011 Moms
Options

SIL's bridal shower, semi BR

My SIL's (well soon to be SIL) bridal shower is in two Saturdays and I am torn as to what to do.  I still BF and now that I am pregnant I am finding that I have to be super diligent about not missing a feeding/pumping session.

Her shower is 2 hours away at a hotel.  I would not be able to (or care to for that matter) take LO with me and there isn't necessarily a place for me to pump.  I will be gone for at least 6 hours.  The other problem is that it is SUPER hard for me to stay ahead of LO's milk needs so there is a good chance I wouldn't have enough milk to leave for hubs.

Do I just not go?  I feel like it is such a silly reason to stay home, but I also feel like it is just one of those sacrifices I need to make in order to keep BFing.  Advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645

Re: SIL's bridal shower, semi BR

• Options

You just weigh the factors involved based on your priorities, and make a decision.

Just me...  I would go.  I knew my body when I was KU'd and BF'ing, and I knew that DH could sustain DS1 with other foods (not just BM) while I was away for 6 hours or so.  BUT, that is JUST me and our situation.  If you KNOW that supply will be an issue as well as your BM stash is insufficient, I wouldn't bother.  And, I wouldn't think twice about not going.  There will be other events that you get to attend that won't make you have to make hard decisions like these.

Good luck!! :) 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks JandK!  The other part of the problem is that Max is on a serious solid's strike where he will only eat waffles and yogurt - IF we are lucky.  If he was eating more food I might be more inclined to go. 

I'm probably not going to go, I think I just needed validation. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Will you be the one driving? You could always pump in the car on the way there and back. Feed him before you leave, start pumping about 45 minutes before you get there and pump right when you get in the car on the way back. Or if you are driving use a hands free pumping bra.

6 hours isn't that long. If you feed before you leave you would probably be good with leaving him only 1-2 bottles. I would go. :) Have fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If I were in your situation, I would not go. It would be so much more important to me to do what is needed to keep up my milk supply (I'm also having a lot of trouble with this right now), especially since your LO is refusing solids. There will be other parties and showers. I'm sure if you send a gift and write a nice personal message in the card, your SIL will understand. And if she doesn't...oh well!  I would stay home and not give it another worry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Whatever you're decision, just make sure YOU are comfortable with it. Don't care what anyone else says. Because people will say things.

If it were me, I wouldn't go. I didn't go to my SIL's bachelorette party because of a similiar situation. But I caught all hell for that. Still didn't phase me too much, my baby's nutrition is #1.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    If you wanted to go you could definitely pump in the car like the other person suggested.  If you don't want to go then I would skip it.  I can totally relate to the whole "keeping up with LO's milk demands.". My LO has never had a drop of formula, I work FT and it has been quite a challenge to keep up with her demands that I am very selective in what I do on the weekends because the last thing I want to do is waste bottle of BM when I could have nursed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"