Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday?

2»

Re: UO Thursday?

• My UO is when others insist upon commenting on posts on the boards with attitude. Particularly when telling newer posters, "There is a whole thread for that, don't post it here", (I put that in a nice way) but then not providing any sort of link to that thread. If you are going to go through all the trouble of making a comment about it, take the 2 seconds to post this "thread" that you are complaing the post should have been on. It happens all the time on the 2WW posts....Understandable that there is a thread for almost everything, but with so many people on the boards, specific topics are never going to be posted strictly on their own thread....deal with it.

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagekelly321:
    "Please do not attend if you cannot give a cash gift of at least $50. We need it for the nursery."

There is no way this exists in real life. 

people write that?????  

imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagexxrockstarswifexx:

image2010Bride2be:
    I don't know if this is an UO or not, but it just pi$$ed me off. I think that anyone who throws their own baby shower is an a$$hat. I just saw a post on facebook from a 'friend' and couldn't believe what I was reading. Apparently this is acceptable in some people's minds.

I had a "friend" on FB who recently had a baby and they were asking people to send them meals. They even had their own website set up to help people schedule people with sending meals over each day and then posted it up with "reminders" several times. The fact that they were doing that for themselves was the most tacky, trashy thing I've ever seen. I almost wanted to message her and tell them how inappropriate it looked and that it seemed like begging, but I didn't. 

Semi on the same level, but several months ago I was a new member of a meetup group for women in my new neighborhood. The organizer of the group had a fairly major surgery scheduled and first posted about it saying "hey, this is why I won't be organizing any meetups for a while but when I'm feeling better I'll try to host something low-key at my house". NBD. Then before her surgery she hosted 3 meetups at her house for people to come over and chop vegetables and make casseroles for her to freeze and in the 'invite' she included something about how we would all be welcome to bring home cooked meals for her and her husband after the week of her surgery. It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I never went back to the meetup group even though I did want to meet people. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imagekestock120:

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    I think the picture of the Air Force chicks breast feeding in uniform is just as bad as the time magazine cover. It's completely unnecessary and AWish and only fuels the "I'm better than you" attitude. 

The pictures were taken as part of a breastfeeding awareness campaign by a breastfeeding support group. I don't think there is anything AWish about that at all, but maybe that's my UO. 

My issue is that they're in uniform. You're not supposed to use your uniform for any sort of personal agenda or to promote your beliefs. Same reason we can't protest in uniform, we are representing out branch of service, by ourselves.  Furthermore, those airmen are Air National Guard and have no reason to be in uniform unless it's a drill weekend or they are on orders and reporting for duty. That is what makes it AW-y 

This. 

BFP #1 - 9/7/12 (my 35th bday!) EDD - 5/15/13 DS born 5/13/13

BFP #2 - 7/5/14 (total surprise!) EDD - ????

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagekcooper1986:
    My UO is when others insist upon commenting on posts on the boards with attitude. Particularly when telling newer posters, "There is a whole thread for that, don't post it here", (I put that in a nice way) but then not providing any sort of link to that thread. If you are going to go through all the trouble of making a comment about it, take the 2 seconds to post this "thread" that you are complaing the post should have been on. It happens all the time on the 2WW posts....Understandable that there is a thread for almost everything, but with so many people on the boards, specific topics are never going to be posted strictly on their own thread....deal with it.

Some people, like myself, post from their phones and it's incredibly difficult to find the other thread, copy, then come back to the original stupid thread and paste. People should be able to see where the 2ww or Waiting to O threads are if they would just read.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekristykay123:

imagekcooper1986:
    My UO is when others insist upon commenting on posts on the boards with attitude. Particularly when telling newer posters, "There is a whole thread for that, don't post it here", (I put that in a nice way) but then not providing any sort of link to that thread. If you are going to go through all the trouble of making a comment about it, take the 2 seconds to post this "thread" that you are complaing the post should have been on. It happens all the time on the 2WW posts....Understandable that there is a thread for almost everything, but with so many people on the boards, specific topics are never going to be posted strictly on their own thread....deal with it.

Some people, like myself, post from their phones and it's incredibly difficult to find the other thread, copy, then come back to the original stupid thread and paste. People should be able to see where the 2ww or Waiting to O threads are if they would just read.

I completely understand that part (doing anything from a phone makes it way more difficult). Now this is going to be a stupid question, and I am probably going to get torn apart for it, but where exactly do you find those threads? Do you just have to scroll through the board or is there a specific area?

And for the record, I went back to my original post and don't see the link that she left...maybe it's my computer?

• imagekcooper1986:
    imagekristykay123:

imagekcooper1986:

I completely understand that part (doing anything from a phone makes it way more difficult). Now this is going to be a stupid question, and I am probably going to get torn apart for it, but where exactly do you find those threads? Do you just have to scroll through the board or is there a specific area?

And for the record, I went back to my original post and don't see the link that she left...maybe it's my computer?

2ww and Waiting to O are posted daily and are easily found, IMO. They are typically marked with a star too since so many people read them or contribute to them.

• imagekristykay123:
    imagekcooper1986:
    imagekristykay123:

imagekcooper1986:

2ww and Waiting to O are posted daily and are easily found, IMO. They are typically marked with a star too since so many people read them or contribute to them.

Thank you, Kristy. I appreciate you explaining it. I didn't realize it was a daily posting, I don't get to jump on here during the day a whole lot, so when I do I don't get to scroll through too many posts, so must have missed it. I went back and looked at my original post that Slightly had supplied the link for it and it showed nothing but a scroll bar, so I didn't realize it was there. I had to "quote" her post just to get it to show up. That was my bad! Just had to work with it a bit.

• imagekcooper1986:
    imagekristykay123:
    imagekcooper1986:
    imagekristykay123:

imagekcooper1986:

Thank you, Kristy. I appreciate you explaining it. I didn't realize it was a daily posting, I don't get to jump on here during the day a whole lot, so when I do I don't get to scroll through too many posts, so must have missed it. I went back and looked at my original post that Slightly had supplied the link for it and it showed nothing but a scroll bar, so I didn't realize it was there. I had to "quote" her post just to get it to show up. That was my bad! Just had to work with it a bit.

No prob. Do you by chance sort by last updated thread? It helps a lot by weeding out the threads that aren't commented on as much. I changed mine a few months ago and it completely changed my bump experience. 

• No I don't, but I am going to start! Thanks for the tip, hopefully I don't miss anything anymore Stick out tongue thanks again!

• kacellekacelle member
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagekelly321:
    "Please do not attend if you cannot give a cash gift of at least $50. We need it for the nursery."

There is no way this exists in real life. 

I agree.. I've seen some tacky.. but that's like hall of fame tacky

Years ago, I was invited to a 16th birthday party.  The invitation included a full page of recommended gifts (things like "a telescope") and "do not bring" gifts.  I had a really hard time thinking of anything I could actually bring once I ruled out the typical 16th birthday gifts on her "do not" list and the ridiculously expensive items on her "please buy" list.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • kacellekacelle member

imagekcooper1986:

If you're going to go through all the trouble of making a new thread, spend 2 seconds looking to see if a similar thread has been posted. 

• kacellekacelle member
    imageangelsnight:
    imagekestock120:

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    I think the picture of the Air Force chicks breast feeding in uniform is just as bad as the time magazine cover. It's completely unnecessary and AWish and only fuels the "I'm better than you" attitude. 

The pictures were taken as part of a breastfeeding awareness campaign by a breastfeeding support group. I don't think there is anything AWish about that at all, but maybe that's my UO. 

I guess I don't get why it needs awareness in the first place?  If you want to nurse, nurse...if you don't, then don't.  I personally would not feel comfortable nursing in public one day, so I would either try to plan outings around LO's feeding or bring a bottle of pumped milk if I cannot find a discreet place to nurse. I also wouldn't feel comfortable if I was around a stranger nursing in public if she isn't being discreet (ie no need to actually cover with a blanket if it doesn't work for you, but you also don't need to have your boob totally exposed with the kid hanging from it).

However, I feel like people arguing over it is the bigger problem than the actual nursing in public is.  Maybe it depends on where you live, but I can count one time in my entire life that I've seen a stranger nursing in public.  It's not like I have to sift through crowds of nursing mothers everytime I go to Target. 

So what do you do if you offer pumped milk?  Miss a feeding session and 1) feel incredibly engorged and uncomfortable and 2) risk supply issues?  I hear this argument a lot from people who haven't breastfed, but it just isn't practical.  And it's tough to find time to pump (when you would actually produce anything) when you're nursing around the clock.

• imagebrookelynpaisley:
    I think this might qualify, though I'm not really up on BFing these days.I believe ladies should cover up for breast-feeding. I don't think it's a shameful thing or that it's anything other than feeding a baby (aka not sexual).  I don't compare covering a baby's head while feeding to forcing an adult to eat with a blanket on their head. That's silly. It's just different. I believe in a level of public modesty and whether or not people SHOULD be uncomfortable seeing an exposed breast during feeding, some people are. Be proud of breast-feeding your baby, but please understand that not everyone is comofrtable, and prefereable keep delicate parts of your body covered.

I agree they should cover up but I also believe there should be more accommodation for bfing/ pumping mothers. Like the way some places are making specific rooms for BFing/ pumping. My DS couldn't latch and I had to pump exclusively for 6 months. In order to keep my supply going I had to pump on a normal BFing schedule. There was no where besides home that I could do this. You think its uncomfortable having a lady with her boob out. Think about a lady with both out attached to a double pump getting milked like a cow! Even at work I had to go in the bathroom because it was the only room with a door.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"