Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday?

Anyone?

TTC since June 2010.
DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
The Vagtastic Voyage
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: UO Thursday?

• Options

imagethekikimonster:
    change your siggy.

Post your UO and I will. And it'd better be juicy so I can argue with you. 

TTC since June 2010.
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    My u/o is that I liked KK's Halloween Zombie siggy better...
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemegemoney:

My vote is for creepy floating Prince. 

TTC since June 2010.
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    imagethekikimonster:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagemegemoney:

+#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
  • Options
    imagethekikimonster:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagemegemoney:

TTC since June 2010.
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    ShaylizShayliz member
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    imagethekikimonster:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagemegemoney:

I just lost my train of thought. I am speechless. 

imagemegemoney:

Ohh...yes. What was the girl in your other siggy named, Lolli? I remember seeing her on Toddlers and Tiara's and lol'ed every time I saw your old siggy.

I like puking baby, but your other one was my fave.

My UO is that I kind of like Selfie...and that I shamelessly follow her blog.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine might be a little lame But I think chef boyardee anything is nasty the smell and the look make me want to vomit!!!
  • Options

imagekry&rud09:
    Mine might be a little lame But I think chef boyardee anything is nasty the smell and the look make me want to vomit!!!

No food UOs. Try again. 

TTC since June 2010.
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    imageJustWonderin805:

Ohh...yes. What was the girl in your other siggy named, Lolli? I remember seeing her on Toddlers and Tiara's and lol'ed every time I saw your old siggy.

1. Laney

2. This one is up for a limited time only to satisfy my beyotch KiKi. 

3. I lurk from time to time, but I liked her better during her early pregnancy when she was BSC and didn't just hawk expensive baby sh*t all day. 

TTC since June 2010.
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    I think this board was more fun aprox. 9-12 months ago.
  • Options
    imagethekikimonster:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagekry&rud09:

No food UOs. Try again. 

nutella.

Adele.

TTC since June 2010.
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    While I am happy for everyone who has gotten their much-wanted BFPs, I am selfishly sad that those of us that are newer are going to miss out on their wisdom. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    imagethekikimonster:

nutella.

...  is awesome?  Because that is correct.

• Options
    oohhh my bad! ok chelsea lately Can't stand her
  • Options
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    imageJustWonderin805:

1. Laney

2. This one is up for a limited time only to satisfy my beyotch KiKi. 

3. I lurk from time to time, but I liked her better during her early pregnancy when she was BSC and didn't just hawk expensive baby sh*t all day. 

Laney! Yessss. I understand the need to satisfy kiki.

I liked her more during her 1st tri, too. She was a fluckin nut job who needed her own personal bubble. I feel like now she's trying to redeem herself. But yes, she needs to stop posting about expensive crap. I just went over to her blog and now she's asking for votes for top mommy blog.

I don't know if I like her because she's crazy, or if I'm just infatuated with her naivety.  

• Options

image2010Bride2be:
    I don't know if this is an UO or not, but it just pi$$ed me off. I think that anyone who throws their own baby shower is an a$$hat. I just saw a post on facebook from a 'friend' and couldn't believe what I was reading. Apparently this is acceptable in some people's minds.

I think it is actually a pretty popular opinion around these parts. But I'll go ahead and play along with what may be an UO:

I do not care if someone throws their own baby shower or their mom does it for them (both huge no-no's on most boards). I don't care if it's their 12th kid and they've had a shower for every single one. If they're on their 12th baby and are rolling in cash, then I'll just knit a blanket and use that as my shower present to them.

The only thing that would bother me is if they were to get really tacky and put something in the invites like, "Please do not attend if you cannot give a cash gift of at least $50. We need it for the nursery." But then I would just roll my eyes and not go. I don't see what there is to get worked up about.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    ShaylizShayliz member
    imagekelly321:

image2010Bride2be:
    I don't know if this is an UO or not, but it just pi$$ed me off. I think that anyone who throws their own baby shower is an a$$hat. I just saw a post on facebook from a 'friend' and couldn't believe what I was reading. Apparently this is acceptable in some people's minds.

I think it is actually a pretty popular opinion around these parts. But I'll go ahead and play along with what may be an UO:

I do not care if someone throws their own baby shower or their mom does it for them (both huge no-no's on most boards). I don't care if it's their 12th kid and they've had a shower for every single one. If they're on their 12th baby and are rolling in cash, then I'll just knit a blanket and use that as my shower present to them.

The only thing that would bother me is if they were to get really tacky and put something in the invites like, "Please do not attend if you cannot give a cash gift of at least $50. We need it for the nursery." But then I would just roll my eyes and not go. I don't see what there is to get worked up about.

Hold up, have you really gotten an invite that gave a suggested gift amount?  

imagekelly321:
    "Please do not attend if you cannot give a cash gift of at least $50. We need it for the nursery."

There is no way this exists in real life. 

TTC since June 2010.
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    imagekelly321:

image2010Bride2be:

Indifferent Do people really do this? 

• Options
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

imagekelly321:
    "Please do not attend if you cannot give a cash gift of at least $50. We need it for the nursery."

There is no way this exists in real life. 

No, I have never received an invite like that, and I sincerely hope no one does it. My point was that it would take quite a bit to get me offended by someone's baby shower, no matter who's throwing it or for what child.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    imagejessuhmarie:

imagemegemoney:

That's no an UO. That's fact.

I think I have done too many u/o's.  I cannot come up with one today.

• Options
    imagemegemoney:
    imagethekikimonster:

nutella.

...  is awesome?  Because that is correct.

Yes

Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• Options
    imagekelly321:

image2010Bride2be:

Wow.  I haven't seen that, but I've heard of other people receiving those same type of invites. 

I also get irritated with people who expect showers to be thrown for them.  It's a gift that takes a lot of time, money, and planning.  Not everyone can do that in this economy.  To expect one is very selfish IMHO.

Off BC since January 2012/TTC #1 since April 2012
    October 2013 IUI #1 - 5mg femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    November 2013 IUI #2 - 5mg femara + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Crinone = 12/16/13 FIRST EVER BFP!!!  DD Blaire Noelle 8/26/14
    Surprise!  2 under 2 is happening!  Due 12/5/15 (updated)

• Options
    I think the picture of the Air Force chicks breast feeding in uniform is just as bad as the time magazine cover. It's completely unnecessary and AWish and only fuels the "I'm better than you" attitude. 

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    I think Jessica Simpson looks like a straight up dude. 

• Options
    kje120kje120 member

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    I think the picture of the Air Force chicks breast feeding in uniform is just as bad as the time magazine cover. It's completely unnecessary and AWish and only fuels the "I'm better than you" attitude. 

The pictures were taken as part of a breastfeeding awareness campaign by a breastfeeding support group. I don't think there is anything AWish about that at all, but maybe that's my UO. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Agreed.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    imagekestock120:

The pictures were taken as part of a breastfeeding awareness campaign by a breastfeeding support group. I don't think there is anything AWish about that at all, but maybe that's my UO. 

My issue is that they're in uniform. You're not supposed to use your uniform for any sort of personal agenda or to promote your beliefs. Same reason we can't protest in uniform, we are representing out branch of service, by ourselves.  Furthermore, those airmen are Air National Guard and have no reason to be in uniform unless it's a drill weekend or they are on orders and reporting for duty. That is what makes it AW-y 

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imagemegemoney:
    imagejessuhmarie:

imagemegemoney:

That's no an UO. That's fact.

I think I have done too many u/o's.  I cannot come up with one today.

I always suck at UOs. I can think of them during the week, but as soon as Thursday rolls around, I forget..

Early confession - I used to write them down.  

• Options

image2010Bride2be:

I think the only people that think this would be an UO are the a$$hats themselves that throw (or expect others to) their own shower.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options

image2010Bride2be:

I had a "friend" on FB who recently had a baby and they were asking people to send them meals. They even had their own website set up to help people schedule people with sending meals over each day and then posted it up with "reminders" several times. The fact that they were doing that for themselves was the most tacky, trashy thing I've ever seen. I almost wanted to message her and tell them how inappropriate it looked and that it seemed like begging, but I didn't. 

• Options
    imagekestock120:

I guess I don't get why it needs awareness in the first place?  If you want to nurse, nurse...if you don't, then don't.  I personally would not feel comfortable nursing in public one day, so I would either try to plan outings around LO's feeding or bring a bottle of pumped milk if I cannot find a discreet place to nurse.  I also wouldn't feel comfortable if I was around a stranger nursing in public if she isn't being discreet (ie no need to actually cover with a blanket if it doesn't work for you, but you also don't need to have your boob totally exposed with the kid hanging from it).

However, I feel like people arguing over it is the bigger problem than the actual nursing in public is.  Maybe it depends on where you live, but I can count one time in my entire life that I've seen a stranger nursing in public.  It's not like I have to sift through crowds of nursing mothers everytime I go to Target. 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    imageangelsnight:

image2010Bride2be:

I think the only people that think this would be an UO are the a$$hats themselves that throw (or expect others to) their own shower.

I basically threw my own baby shower because that's what I was most comfortable doing. I had just moved 1800 miles away from my family and friends, to my boyfriend's (now husband) hometown. My husband's family and mother all offered to throw me a shower but I didn't feel comfortable putting them out that much time and money, especially since we weren't married and we didn't know each other well. After much insisting from his family, I finally said I would have a little get together (shower, if you will), with my husband's family only, if we were allowed to host and pay for it. If that makes me an "a$$hat," so be it.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    I don't like the bridal photos showing the bride and groom leaning against a dilapidated building or sitting on train tracks. They are no longer original and just look funny.

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    Anyone?

WTF is that siggy?

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    I think this might qualify, though I'm not really up on BFing these days.I believe ladies should cover up for breast-feeding. I don't think it's a shameful thing or that it's anything other than feeding a baby (aka not sexual).  I don't compare covering a baby's head while feeding to forcing an adult to eat with a blanket on their head. That's silly. It's just different. I believe in a level of public modesty and whether or not people SHOULD be uncomfortable seeing an exposed breast during feeding, some people are. Be proud of breast-feeding your baby, but please understand that not everyone is comofrtable, and prefereable keep delicate parts of your body covered.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    imageCiderWench:
    imageangelsnight:

image2010Bride2be:

I basically threw my own baby shower because that's what I was most comfortable doing. I had just moved 1800 miles away from my family and friends, to my boyfriend's (now husband) hometown. My husband's family and mother all offered to throw me a shower but I didn't feel comfortable putting them out that much time and money, especially since we weren't married and we didn't know each other well. After much insisting from his family, I finally said I would have a little get together (shower, if you will), with my husband's family only, if we were allowed to host and pay for it. If that makes me an "a$$hat," so be it.

I'd say that is an exception to the rule.  You threw it specifically because you didn't want to put other people out.  I think of the a$$hats as people that throw it to be AW and get gifts, or demand that others throw it for them. 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

• Options
    imagekicius56:
    imageangelsnight:
    I guess I don't get why it needs awareness in the first place?  If you want to nurse, nurse...if you don't, then don't.  I personally would not feel comfortable nursing in public one day, so I would either try to plan outings around LO's feeding or bring a bottle of pumped milk if I cannot find a discreet place to nurse.  I also wouldn't feel comfortable if I was around a stranger nursing in public if she isn't being discreet (ie no need to actually cover with a blanket if it doesn't work for you, but you also don't need to have your boob totally exposed with the kid hanging from it).

However, I feel like people arguing over it is the bigger problem than the actual nursing in public is.  Maybe it depends on where you live, but I can count one time in my entire life that I've seen a stranger nursing in public.  It's not like I have to sift through crowds of nursing mothers everytime I go to Target. 

That's why people need awareness. I have seen only ONE woman in my life nursing in public. She was covered and her daughter looked 3-4 yo. Before I had a kid I was very ignorant on the topic of nursing/breastfeeding. I thought you only BF newborns and then you have to give formula. Was I in for a shocker.

Why is that a bad thing though?  We're all ignorant to things before we learn about them.  I was very ignorant to TTC before we started, do we need TTC awareness? 

I think of awareness as in something we need to learn about so we can do something about it (like cancer).  But what do we need to know about nursing unless we ourselves are going to nurse soon, and then you learn on your own.  The fact that I've only seen one stranger nursing in public doesn't mean I've never been in the presence of someone nursing, just that I probably didn't notice if they were being rather discreet.  But "raising awareness" IMO only calls more attention to it.  I agree with BP, no one needs to be ashamed of nursing, but why does it need to be a public awareness issue?

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

• Options
    I hate bacon. Its gross.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"