Pregnant after IF

dumb ? - when is it safe to get prenatal massage?

for some reason i thought it was wait til 3rd tri but wanted to confirm.

thanks

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: dumb ? - when is it safe to get prenatal massage?

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I was told 2nd tri.  Most pre-natal massage places will require your OB's approval before giving one.  They'll fax over a release.  I got one in 2nd tri and one so far in 3rd.  They are awesome - enjoy if you get to!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Really? I read in a pregnancy book the other day it's safe to get them at any point, but they can make you dizzy in first tri (but are not unsafe for the baby).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Loading the player...
  • I started at about 15w.  I heard once you are in 2nd tri you are good.  Massages are one of the things I missed after getting pregnant.  I say go for it!
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going for one today!  My Dr. and massage therapist ok'd it.  Can't wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I got my first one in 2nd tri. I always thought that it was mostly important to find someone who is trained at prenatal massage so no harm is done. So far I have had them done while I am lying down on my side. I know that some people have special tables where you can lay on your stomach. I really want to try this kind:)

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Most places wont take you until 2nd tri. I had 2 in 2nd tri and will have another tomorrow. Massages are even more heavenly now so I hope you enjoy :)
  • Most places won't take you until you're in the second tri, but they are safe, with a trained prenatal massage therapist, at any time.  However, the other thing is that by third tri you may be too uncomfortable.  I'm getting them in conjunction with seeing my chiropractor and while they are great, it's hard to get into a comfortable position at all anymore.  For the most indulgence, a second tri massage is the way to go IMO.
  • Got one scheduled next week! :)

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

• My OB preferred I wait until after 20 weeks. I never questioned why. But I've had two so far and loved them! 
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • My doctor said anytime is fine but to get someone specifically who does maternity massages. I am 11 weeks today and have my first tomorrow thanks to my mom!
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had several prenatal massages and I don't remembe needing to wait until a specific time to get them.  I did go to someone who was trained specifically in prenatal massage, so I felt more comfortable than going to a regular place.  She also had me lay on my side with lots of pillows, which was way more comfortable than laying on my tummy would have been.  Ahh, it was so heavenly, I always felt so good afterwards.  Just make sure to drink lots of water before and after, and be prepred to just veg out after!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"