July 2012 Moms

Happy early birthday to me (if you need a laugh!)

Pre warning- on phone, can't separate paragraphs! Sorry! So tomorrow is my birthday and one of our neighbors is an older gentleman who is literally bored out of his mind. He come and helps DH work on his car, plays with DD, and generally just comes around for some interaction with other people. Anyway, DH mentioned a few days ago that he couldn't help him this weekend beacause he is spending it with his family, because it would be my birthday. So they made plans for something he needs help with next week. Anyway, the man came to talk to DH last night and then he gave me a card and a wrapped gift. I thanked him and opened it on the porch. It was already dark, but inside was a plastic pie container and a slice of pie. He tends to go to a ton of awesome diners and such and thought he was just being sweet and picked it up for me. I threw it in the fridge for later. Then DH and I were talking on the couch and I decided a piece of peach pie sounded pretty good. I grabbed my pie and sat down on the couch. I smelled it and it didn't have a strong peach smell but it looked awesome. I stuck my fork in and it was pretty hard. I figured it just got a bit too cold in the back of the fridge. I put a piece in my mouth. I chewed. It didn't have much flavor. In fact it was pretty flavorless. I kept chewing and the mouthful started to become kind of waxy. Then it hit me. I turned on the light and ran to the sink. My pie was a candle. I must have spit out wax for over 5 minutes, while washing my mouth with water, and DH laughing at me. Yea, total stupidity on my part, but I'm still going with it was dark and it looked like a pie slice.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy early birthday to me (if you need a laugh!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"