May 2012 Moms

maybe it's not carpal tunnel

i think my left wrist might have been hurt from falling the week before the baby was born. My right hand carpal tunnel is getting so much better (just a little stiffness and soreness first thing in the morning) but the left wrist is hurting like a mother. I don't want to rush to the doctor bc I really don't want an xray but the pain is really bad at times.

Never a dull moment, eh?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: maybe it's not carpal tunnel

• imageMelissaMiso:

i think my left wrist might have been hurt from falling the week before the baby was born. My right hand carpal tunnel is getting so much better (just a little stiffness and soreness first thing in the morning) but the left wrist is hurting like a mother. I don't want to rush to the doctor bc I really don't want an xray but the pain is really bad at times.

Never a dull moment, eh?

Oh, boo! That sucks. Maybe you sprained it? Have you tried icing it? That may help or at least give you some relief. I'm glad to hear your right hand carpal tunnel is getting better. I can't remember - did you also have a lot of numbness? I am still dealing with it, obviously, because I am still pregnant and I'm REALLY hoping the numbness, especially, will go away after the baby is born. I always feel like my fingers are sausages because they are so tingly/asleep (but they aren't swollen, they just feel that way).

--Danielle :-)
  • imageblueshamrock7:
    imageMelissaMiso:

Never a dull moment, eh?

Oh, boo! That sucks. Maybe you sprained it? Have you tried icing it? That may help or at least give you some relief. I'm glad to hear your right hand carpal tunnel is getting better. I can't remember - did you also have a lot of numbness? I am still dealing with it, obviously, because I am still pregnant and I'm REALLY hoping the numbness, especially, will go away after the baby is born. I always feel like my fingers are sausages because they are so tingly/asleep (but they aren't swollen, they just feel that way).

I had both pain and numbness in my right hand and two fingers. That has definitely improved. The left wrist is horrific. I'm wondering if I did a small fracture. Even turning on my turn signal in the car hurts like heck. Hope you feel better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"