September 2011 Moms

I know I'll be judged!! -update

But I cant help it, if I saw this I'd judge that person too!

Ok.. So yes My house isn't always spotless, but there are no dishes in my sink at night and the pots and pans are clean! I may have bottles sitting out ready to be washed and maybe O had left Cheerios on her high chair, but I never leave food out over night.

So... We woke up this morning, I went to the bread box, opened it, got the bread, turn it around and find this:

Im freaked out!! There are teeth marks on the plastic AND the bread.

What do I do?? I haven't seen droppings anywhere!! Is this something the landlord has to take care of? Our lease agreement is very narrow,  and I've never had this problem before, maybe because we live on a ranch?

H said to just throw out the first four or five slices, but I'm getting rid of this whole thing!

UPDATE:

The landlord said she found a mouse this past weekend, and that I should get a few traps and look around for where he could have gotten in, and if we do catch one, and H is OOT, to just call her and she would send one of the ranch hands to collect it. 

Gross!

oa1
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: I know I'll be judged!! -update

• linzicalinzica member

no judgement. We've battled mice in the past too.

First off, yes, your landlord should take of this.

Get tupperware to keep anything in bags or boxes in until you are sure they are gone.

Put out traps

You'll be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefaupanda:
    We have had mice here too, especially in the basement and garage. I would tell your landlord because they are getting in SOMEWHERE. I would personally buy mouse traps (I bought capture and release ones so they didn't kill the animal). It's whatever you feel comfortable with.

Oh my gosh, traps that I have to deal with while H is away.

I need some big girl panties.. 

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call your landlord and go buy some traps.

And I would toss the whole loaf as well.  My DH would say the same as yours - just toss the first few slices.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ms5586Ms5586 member

Yeah, get rid of the whole loaf.  Or, keep it and let DH eat it lol.

Go get some traps (there are a million different kinds), and call your landlord.  Put everything you can in tupperware.

• Everything that we keep in the kitchen in Tupperware? Or the pantry too? The pantry is pretty far away from the kitchen, ugh I better go check there!
    oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    Yes to traps and don't leave any food out where it can be accessible. Put your bread/fruit, etc in tupperware or in the fridge. And call your landlord. If it gets worse, he'll need to do something more severe.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• No judgement, mice don't mean that your house is dirty. They can get in through the smallest holes, so I would let your landlord know and buy traps in the meantime.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• No judging here!

I live in town and have a cleaning lady and we still had a mouse, crazy.  My DH got some traps and took care of it.  Luckily it was in the basement so even if DH was traveling I could have just ignored it.  I can barely kill a spider, I don't know if I could deal with a dead mouse while DH was on the road!  Eeek!

• EWWWW throw the whole loaf out! Pesky little things! 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagevnstacie:

UPDATE:

The landlord said she found a mouse this past weekend, and that I should get a few traps and look around for where he could have gotten in, and if we do catch one, and H is OOT, to just call her and she would send one of the ranch hands to collect it. 

Gross!

Glad your landlord is aware and will send someone to empty the traps for you.  Hope you can find where they are getting in and stop them.

• imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:

UPDATE:

Gross!

Glad your landlord is aware and will send someone to empty the traps for you.  Hope you can find where they are getting in and stop them.

Im searching for holes, and poop, but no such luck. Maybe in the cabinets.  

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagevnstacie:
    imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:

UPDATE:

Gross!

They only need an opening about 1/2 inch wide and 1/2 inch tall to get in.  They can flatten and squeeze.  I learned that on some show and remembered it because I was just so amazed by it.  Could be an opening that was there when the house was built that no-one noticed (near doors, baseboards, windows, cupboards, heaters).

• imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:
    imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:

UPDATE:

Gross!

They only need an opening about 1/2 inch wide and 1/2 inch tall to get in.  They can flatten and squeeze.  I learned that on some show and remembered it because I was just so amazed by it.  Could be an opening that was there when the house was built that no-one noticed (near doors, baseboards, windows, cupboards, heaters).

Oh gosh! Well we have baseboard heating, and the basement is unfinished and scary. This may prove more difficult.  

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagevnstacie:
    imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:
    imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:

UPDATE:

Gross!

Oh gosh! Well we have baseboard heating, and the basement is unfinished and scary. This may prove more difficult.  

They are probably coming in through the basement. Do you have a cat?

• We've had a mouse a time or two.  It happens.  I know this sounds nuts but DH puts a squirt of italian dressing an a sprinkle of paresan cheese on the trap.  Gets them everytime.  Good Luck!
  • imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:
    imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:
    imageshelley1002:
    imagevnstacie:

UPDATE:

Gross!

They are probably coming in through the basement. Do you have a cat?

No, but we called dibbs on one from the litter the ranch cat had, I wonder if they are avaliable yet.. 

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh good!  I'm so glad you can call her if DH is OOT! 
  • imagesolsburyhill:
    Oh good!  I'm so glad you can call her if DH is OOT! 

Yea! Although, H told me to put my BGP's on and just get gloves and throw it in the trash. Yuck!! I said "I can barely kill a moth and you want me to pick up a dead rat and throw it away? I may be throwing up before it even happens " 

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Also check under your sinks, especially in the kitchen. Are there openings around the pipes? This is a common area for them to come through. Stuff rolled up aluminum foil or steel wool in the holes that you find.
  • imagealli&dan:
    Also check under your sinks, especially in the kitchen. Are there openings around the pipes? This is a common area for them to come through. Stuff rolled up aluminum foil or steel wool in the holes that you find.

This is a task!! 

oa1

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"