Breastfeeding
Options

Horribly Leaking BBs and Only 26 weeks PG...

So for the last few days my left boob has not stopped leaking. I'm only 26 weeks pregnant.
Should I invest in nursing bras and pads already?
Does this mean I will have an oversupply in my left boob?

I'm a FTM and I've looked up quite a bit about breastfeeding, but most people I talk to about leaking BBs never had experience with it. I have been putting a wash cloth in my sports bra to keep from leaking through to my shirt (Like it did yesterday). TIA

BFP 12/28/2011! (My dad's birthday) ~Excited for baby #1~ 09/02/12 ~ Lukas Grady! 7 lbs., 15 oz., 21.5 inches long!

Re: Horribly Leaking BBs and Only 26 weeks PG...

• Options
    Get some pads. They work well. I don't have any advice for your other questions. Good luck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am experiencing the same problem, only you are six weeks farther along than me.  My ob/gyn said that all women are different and that leaking is perfectly normal.  They gave me a sample of tucks pads, and suggested that I buy reusable ones to lessen my expense.  A friend of mine said she started expressing milk when she started to leak and then froze it for later on.  Of course what you do is your own choice.  Good luck on finding a solution that works for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be very careful about expressing milk on purpose this early. I've been told that too much stimulation can cause contractions.

• Options

imageunaveragejane:
    I would be very careful about expressing milk on purpose this early. I've been told that too much stimulation can cause contractions.

I wouldn't purposefully express but you could put those milk saver things in your bra to at least collect it! No help on the. Other stuff sorry 

Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)
  • Options

I leaked early on in pregnancy too.  I recommend the Johnson and Johnson breast pads.  They are very absorbant and fairly cheap.  Or you can buy reusable ones that you just throw in the wash with your clothes.  Leaking in pregnancy has nothing to do with your milk supply later on.  I ended up with some issues with supply and leaked the whole time.  Hopefully, that won't be the case for you though!  Wishing you a large milk supply!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"