Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Bfing & supplementing with formula went bad

My babe was happy getting breast milk & formula. When she reached exactly month 4, she began to reject breast milk. :(

I spent an all day trying to breast feed, but she cried and cried instead.

Any suggestions?

Re: Bfing & supplementing with formula went bad

• Options
    neener3neener3 member
    Mine has gone through two spurts of this - it's hard on the heart!  I powered through my constantly offering the breast, giving formula if he had a fit, and pumping.  Both lasted about a week.  He always had great night time feeds so I let him camp out at the breast as long as he wanted.  It went away for us; I'm so happy that I powered through!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I am offering my breast, but after 6hrs of refusing it....well, I had to feed her formula.

at one point, she pretended to express! Can you believe that! sigh

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try nursing when she is not super hungry. It sounds like maybe she has developed a preference for the bottle since she doesn't have to wait for a letdown and trying to nurse when she is hungry and really wanting to eat can make that worse because she is frustrated and so are you! Try nursing mainly for comfort at a quiet time and see if she'll go for it. GL!
    After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"