Baby Names

PLEASE TELL US YOUR FAVORITE BETWEEN THESE NAMES-TAKE THE POLL:)

Hey Everyone!

I'm a new mom-to-be and my husband and I are completely STUMPED choosing between a variety of names that we like for our daughter who is due at the beginning of October. I'm really looking for some help on which ones sound the best to the public, SO PLEASE --if you could-- HELP! It would be really helpful to find out which sounds the best to you all :):)

Our last name is Miner. Choosing between the combination of the first name and the middle name has become a BIG challenge as we love them all. 

Significance of the Middle Names:

- Lynn = My middle name & a family middle name on both sides of our families
- Craig = My dad's first name, the first name of our doctor & "Addison Craig" was a boutique name we passed in Sarasota that we saw & loved
- Grey/Greigh = no significance other than it's my favorite color, unique & sounds cool :)
- Jane = My grandma's name who fought a tough battle for 20 years with Alzheimers. She was diagnosed in her 50s and lived a difficult life until her late 70s :(

**My husband's initials are MGM as well** 

Thank you all for your input! It's truly appreciated! Hope you all are doing wonderfully in your pregnancies!

[Poll]

Re: PLEASE TELL US YOUR FAVORITE BETWEEN THESE NAMES-TAKE THE POLL:)

• I'm so over Addison and Maddison

I love the idea of Jane Grey. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlueRidge8:

I'm so over Addison and Maddison

This!! Btw, OP--I like your name. Danielle is so pretty!! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Addison Craig and Madison Jane!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jelinajelina member

Honestly, I would think Addison Craig Miner was a boy. I know Addison is a popular girl name but it is very masculine and with Craig it is over the top.  I like Gray as a MN or Lynn. Like PP said I LOVE Jane Grey and I love the family significance of Jane. Would you consider that as a first name?

Between Madison and Addison I would go with Madison but I think you have some better options for FN with the family names that would be so pretty!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBlueRidge8:

I love the idea of Jane Grey

LOVE this suggestion!

Sorry, OP, but I really dislike names that end in -son on daughters.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • imageCiderWench:
    imageBlueRidge8:

LOVE this suggestion!

Agree.

Is Jane Grey one of the X-Men, it sounds familiar?

• dont like any of them
  • I also strongly dislike both FNs, however if I had to chose I would pick Madison Jane. All the MNs you listed for Addison seem either androgynous or masculine and with the same being said for the FN it just isn't feminine enough for me. 

• imageaimee1899:
    imageCiderWench:
    imageBlueRidge8:

LOVE this suggestion!

Agree.

Is Jane Grey one of the X-Men, it sounds familiar?

Hah I thought the same but she is Jean Grey (Phoenix). 

• Between Madison and Addison, I guess I like Addison more, though trendy and androgynous is not my cup of tea. I do think Addie is a cute nn, though.

I would use middle name Lynn or Jane because of their family significance. I agree w/ pp that I would think Addison Craig was a boy because it is one unisex name and one masculine name. If you do use Grey, please spell it Gray or Grey. Greigh is a mess.

Not sure I would use Jane Grey, though . . . too gory for my taste.

• I really dislike both Madison and Addison. Besides ending in -son, they're far too trendy and I'm just so sick of them.

As far as middle names, I really like the singnificance of Jane.

Also, if you use Grey, please spell it correctly. Greigh may be one of the most ridiculous spellings I've ever seen on here.

• I'm sorry, but Madison and Addison are two of my most hated names.  They're just completely NMS.  BUT I love Jane.  So I guess I vote for Madison Jane (though I'd LOVE Jane Madison more).
  • broomybroomy member

I'm not a fan of Addison or Madison, but based on just looking at your list, I'd pick Madison Grey. After reading the significance of the middle names, I'd go with Madison Jane.

Good luck! :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagefitzpemberley:
      So I guess I vote for Madison Jane (though I'd LOVE Jane Madison more).

• imageBlueRidge8:

All of this.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Not your suggestion, but I like Addison Jane. Addison is very, very trendy, IMO and I don't love the name at all. But it's a lot better than Madison, which sounds dated to me.

But honestly, I ditto the first poster and LOVE Jane Grey. That's so pretty and classic and timeless! 

• Addison Craig, Lynn and Grey are so masculine. Madison Jane, although Madidon is do overused.
    Birthday

• I like Madison better than Addison. Please don't spell Grey as "Greigh".

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageJoy2611:
    I'm surprised by how many people are pushing Jane Gray.  Does the historical significance of the name not bother anyone?  It would really bother me so I guess that's why I'm surprised.  It would be like naming your kid Calvin Coolidge Moore.  I find it odd... but, maybe this is just because I really like English history.

Except Calvin Coolidge never got his head chopped off for treason (however unjustly). More like Benedict Arnold or Julius Rosenberg.

And I would totally name my kid John Quincy Adams.

• imageJoy2611:
    I'm surprised by how many people are pushing Jane Gray.  Does the historical significance of the name not bother anyone?  It would really bother me so I guess that's why I'm surprised.  It would be like naming your kid Calvin Coolidge Moore.  I find it odd... but, maybe this is just because I really like English history.

That was my first thought too. While it's a fine name, the connotations would ruin it for me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJoy2611:

Yeah, history fail on my part. I went purely on aesthetics. I retract my suggestion but would stick with Jane as the first name :)

• I like Addison Craig
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlueRidge8:

imageJoy2611:

Yeah, history fail on my part. I went purely on aesthetics. I retract my suggestion but would stick with Jane as the first name :)

Me too.

I like Jane Madison then. 

• tlh03tlh03 member
    I like Addison Grey, personally. Addison Lynn is very pretty as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• What about Madelyn Jane? That's my vote. Please for the love of God don't use Greigh. Grey is just fine although I bet it gets popular because of the 50 Shades of Grey books. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlueRidge8:

Ditto 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers -- Lilypie Second Birthday tickers -- Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like Madison Greigh. Sounds pretty! I strongly dislike the name Addison.
  • Addison and Maddison are both cute, and very over used...  I know more than 10.  If that doesn't bother you, then use them, because they are cute.

However, I love the names Jane and Grey... Id use them together, but I guess Jane Grey wasn't a great person or something... History lesson was years ago.  But i think

Jane Grey Miner

is so cute! 

• Personally I hate all of your name choices.  They are just nms and way to masculine.  Also, you might want to remove some of your personal information from this post being that if Miner is really your last name we all know that your full name is Danielle Lynn Miner, not the kind of info you want out on the net to a bunch of strangers.
  • Personally I hate all of your name choices.  They are just nms and way too masculine.  Also, you might want to remove some of your personal information from this post being that if Miner is really your last name we all know that your full name is Danielle Lynn Miner, not the kind of info you want out on the net to a bunch of strangers.
  • imageBlueRidge8:

This 100%

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I like all of them except for "Craig" (such a masculine middle name for a little girl) and I much prefer the spelling "Grey" to "Greigh." Greigh seems made-up and a little WT. Grey is a lot classier.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • I say Madison Jane
  • I like Madison Jane, and Madison Lynn.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since you seem to like names that end in "on" and "eigh," may I suggest something entirely different? Leighton. It's a beautiful, undeniably feminine and surprisingly underused name, unlike Addison and Madison. Leighton Jane or Jane Leighton would be amazing!
  • I like Addison Grey the best.

• imagerider5344:
    Personally I hate all of your name choices.  They are just nms and way too masculine.  Also, you might want to remove some of your personal information from this post being that if Miner is really your last name we all know that your full name is Danielle Lynn Miner, not the kind of info you want out on the net to a bunch of strangers.

Thank you to all who have actually ANSWERED my original question. I appreciate the alternative name suggestions as well! I'm so grateful for the responses about the spelling of "Greigh"! I never even thought about how it might possibly be mistakenly pronounced "Gree". We were curious to see what name combination reigned so it looks like I'll have to go back through and tally them up! Again, thank you all for helping us out! :):)

To the people who answered with responses like the one above... please do not even respond if this is how you are going to answer. I think it is so hurtful & obnoxious to respond with "i hate all all your name choices" and the like, especially without offering alternative, similar names to the options. I wasn't asking for opinions on what people thought about the names. I asked purely for the name combination that sounded the best to you. Do you think that mothers & fathers would really choose to NOT name their son or daughter a particular name solely b/c total strangers decided to tell you they hated a specific name? Obviously they love the names or they wouldn't be options. Please have a little more respect the next time you answer a forum question like this. Thank you :) 

• imagedaniellelynn07:

imagerider5344:
    Personally I hate all of your name choices.  They are just nms and way too masculine.  Also, you might want to remove some of your personal information from this post being that if Miner is really your last name we all know that your full name is Danielle Lynn Miner, not the kind of info you want out on the net to a bunch of strangers.

Thank you to all who have actually ANSWERED my original question. I appreciate the alternative name suggestions as well! I'm so greatful for the responses about the spelling of "Greigh"! I never even thought about how it might possibly be mistakenly pronounced "Gree". We were curious to see what name combination reigned so it looks like I'll have to go back through and tally them up! Again, thank you all for helping us out! :):)

To the people who answered with responses like the one above... please do not even respond if this is how you are going to answer. I think it is so hurtful & obnoxious to respond with "i hate all all your name choices" and the like, especially without offering alternative, similar names to the options. I wasn't asking for opinions on what people thought about the names. I asked purely for the name combination that sounded the best to you. Do you think that mothers & fathers would really choose to NOT name their son or daughter a particular name solely b/c total strangers decided to tell you they hated a specific name? Obviously they love the names or they wouldn't be options. Please have a little more respect the next time you answer a forum question like this. Thank you :) 

Please keep in mind that this is an internet message board and you can't dictate how people exercise their first amendment rights.

I also don't like any of your choices, but I think Madison Jane is the best of them.  I also like a PP's suggestion of Leighton Jane. 

ETA: Also, rider was trying to help you out by suggesting you edit some of your personal info.  You don't know who is lurking on these boards. Stalkers aren't fun.

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • imagealehayes:
    imagedaniellelynn07:

imagerider5344:

Thank you to all who have actually ANSWERED my original question. I appreciate the alternative name suggestions as well! I'm so greatful for the responses about the spelling of "Greigh"! I never even thought about how it might possibly be mistakenly pronounced "Gree". We were curious to see what name combination reigned so it looks like I'll have to go back through and tally them up! Again, thank you all for helping us out! :):)

Please keep in mind that this is an internet message board and you can't dictate how people exercise their first amendment rights.

I also don't like any of your choices, but I think Madison Jane is the best of them.  I also like a PP's suggestion of Leighton Jane. 

ETA: Also, rider was trying to help you out by suggesting you edit some of your personal info.  You don't know who is lurking on these boards. Stalkers aren't fun.

I completely understand the personal information suggestion. However, my maiden name is actually still listed with the government and not my married name. I took this into consideration when posting.

It's fine if people want to express their first amendment rights however I think it's important that people who decide to answer do so respectfully. If a person does not like a name and responds blunt-fully with that, it serves no help to the individual and is therefore not relevant to the question asked. It is obvious that we are in love with both Madison & Addison. If that was not the case, they would not be options. So when total strangers tell you that they hate the first names you have chosen without offering anything else, I personally think it is extremely rude. I don't plan to strike both names off the list just because strangers have made it clear they do not like those names. So with that, why would someone think they are offering any assistance when answering in that particular way? Thank you for responding. I am too expressing my first amendment rights in this response and in my previous response but feel as if I am doing so respectfully. Which is more than some of the other people who responded can say. I'm not one for confrontation but this truly bothers me. I hope I haven't offended you & I apologize if I have. Have a nice day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"