Change in eating habits.... — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Change in eating habits....

My 5-week olds are driving me crazy! Haha

They usually eat every 2 hours for about 20 minutes. They fall asleep often and I have to wake them up multiple times throughout. Lately though, especially in the afternoons, they will only eat for 5-10 minutes and then I CANNOT wake them back up. Then they are hungry an hour later.

Is this cluster feeding? Is it laziness? Lack of supply? What could be going on? I have a toddler to take care of too, and when I tandem nurse I am tied to the couch with no free hands, so I really can't feed every hour on the hour.....

Help please! Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Change in eating habits....

• DD was impossible to wake up at times too... At that age I would try everything, and nothing got her to wake up so I would just let her sleep and try again in a few minutes... It does sound a like cluster feeding. At least they give you a break, my DD would nurse for hours, and not want to stop, she'd fall asleep while nursing but still be suckling. If I pulled away she woke up and cried. I was tied to bed once for 4+ hours, I was literally crying by the end of it. Wish I could help more but I don't think you're going to be able to change their eating habits at this point. They will self regulate soon, cluster feeding gets a little better around 6 to 8 weeks. Hang in there! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards