TTC after 35
Options

Awww No Clomid for a mth (YEAH) and HSG scheduled

I havent been here for a little bit ... Just a little pity party for myself I guess LOL  We have been ttc now for 2 years .. have been on Clomid for the past 5 mths ... per my temps I know the exact day I ovulate every single stinking month (haha) Its the same day ... Although we hit all the right days nothing is happening .. Last month we could not do the HSG due to timing issues with the doctor .. But we are scheduled for it this coming Tuesday ... I am thankful for the break from Clomid .. although I realize its helpeful for stronger or better ovulations the bloating and moodiness I will be glad to be without for a month .. In the excitment of finally getting the test scheduled I heard the doctor mention something maybe taking HCG this month which I am pretty sure is a shot (boooooo) but again I will see her on Tuesday to find out more ... Its hard dealing with trying to be supportive for those around me that are pregnant .. I am so happy for them but in the back of my mind I feel as if that will never be me and that I will never know what that feels like .. But at the same time I want them to share everything with me because it is such an exciting time in their lives! ;)  I think what has been getting me is that NO ONE even bothers to ask anymore about what is going on with us etc.  It seems I make sure to call every week and wish the people i know that are expecting a happy 19th week or whatever the milestone may be but i dont get much support on my end .. its frustraing in a way .. just having a little supportive would be nice! :)   So anywho of those that have had an HSG done what are your feelings?  I know that it is pretty much split as to women who say it hurt and was awful to those who say they barely felt anything.... Also what exactly has been some of your findings?  Blocked tubes etc.  and if there are any people that have had blocked tubes what have you done since this finding in correcting any issues ... I was wondering if anyone knows if they can detect endometrosis during a HSG .. I know that normally they say they only can find this during laproscopic surgery but was wondering if during the HSG they may be able to spot anything... :)  Any suggestions are always always helpful!!! 

Re: Awww No Clomid for a mth (YEAH) and HSG scheduled

• Options

My HSGs weren't very good experiences.  However, it is over pretty quickly.  I didn't take any Aleve or Advil and I heard that helps.  No asprin - that'll cause you to bleed easier.  My tubes were clear and we knew better what steps to take next.  I think they can see endo through HSG but hopefully someone else will respond with direct knowledge.

It's hard for people to know how to talk to someone going through IF.  One of my friends felt incredibly guilty sharing her unplanned pregnancy progress.  I told her that I want to hear it and my IF is unfortunately like having brown hair - nothing she could ever do about it.  Most of my friends wait for me to take the initiative in updating them.  They don't want to step on an emotional landmine.  I can't blame them.  A question that is fine one day is cause for an ugly cry on another.

Have you talked to your doctor about switching to Femara?  I have heard there are fewer side effects (never took Clomid).  Plus, you don't have the six cycle lifetime maximum like you do on Clomid.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AbeilleAbeille member

My HSG was painful. But my RE applied extra pressure to clear a blocked tube...it worked.  It was over quickly and I had cramping for a day or so after.

You'll be fine, take whatever pain meds they recommend beforehand.  

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your comment/advise! :) Yeah I guess you are right about people not knowing how to approach the whole subject . and yes one thing that makes you cry one day wont the next :)  its nice to get on here and realize that there are so many in your exact same situation! :) thank you so much again :)
  • Options

Eeeks that does sound extremly painful! :)  By applying the pressure and unblocking tube result in any pregnancy?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"