Blended Families

Totally crazy exh email, for a laugh

Hi everyone, 

I continue to get crazy emails and demands from exh... but I think I am making progress because I can laugh at them now (for the most part at least).  So I decided to share them so we can all have a laugh. 

So dc has a recital this weekend and you have to buy tickets, and all orders for each child had to be placed at once so I had to place one master order.  (Dance school does not make this easy on divorced parents, but that is a whole different post)  I sent exh all the paperwork so he could see the prices and ticket ordering rules before we placed our order.  Exh paid for his tickets, but only under the condition that 'he has to review them before they are distributed". 

So I get the tickets and text him the seats that we got, asking him if he prefers any particular row (because seat choice is the only reason I can think of that he made that demand).  He replies to this effect:  I received this text from you (quotes text) on (date, time). As per my email of (date, time), I have the right to physically examine the tickets before they are distributed.  I expect that this will take place on Friday. 

I just have to laugh.  What kind of scam does he think I am trying to pull-  I can't even figure it out?????  What right does he have to physically examine the tickets and determine what seats he and his family will get - we all paid the same price. 

I want to just laugh on Friday and say "you have to tell me, what did you think I was going to do to scam you with these tickets."

I continue to be flummoxed by this man.  I guess he just can't move on.   I wonder what his girlfriend thinks of this ongoing harassment... it would be a total red flag if I was dating him!  But then again, I am sure I am just painted as the BSC BM. 

Re: Totally crazy exh email, for a laugh

• You know what? I think he's gaslighting you. He can't control you anymore with his normal methods, so he's trying to convince you that you're the one behaving erratically/inappropriately. 
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • WahooWahoo member

Take a photo of the tickets and email them to him - providing him with tickets before he pays for him does not work for you.  Tell him if he doesn't want him you will invite a friend, and he has until "XX" date before you will give them to someone else. 

He is trying to sound like a lawyer, but I'm wondering where in the CO it says he has the right to physically view each ticket before deciding where he wants to sit?

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefellesferie:
    You know what? I think he's gaslighting you. He can't control you anymore with his normal methods, so he's trying to convince you that you're the one behaving erratically/inappropriately. 

^^agree.  Is he going to snatch up all the tickets and run away?  Ugh. 

I'd type something up that says "On Friday (x date) at (x time) and in the presence of (witnesses), EXH viewed all tickets purchased for DCs dance recital" and make him sign it before you let him have the tickets.  (Not really, but I would really really want to).

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • SigirSigir member

imagefellesferie:
    You know what? I think he's gaslighting you. He can't control you anymore with his normal methods, so he's trying to convince you that you're the one behaving erratically/inappropriately. 

You know what, you may be right!  I am going to post another example of these recent crazy emails in a separate thread that supports your theory.  I was not going to post it because I thought it might be too identifiable, but I think you would all appreciate it.  It is insane!!!I am glad I have dh and you guys to remind me that I am not the crazy one.

I ended up sending him a pic of the tickets just to try to minimize confrontation friday (I am about to pop and will be delivering this baby tuesday, so trying to minimize stress).   I still want to know what he is thinking though- am I running a dance school counterfeiting printing press in my basement, and sold his real tickets on stub hub?

• SigirSigir member
    imageMelRC117:

I'm assume he thinks you just took his money and didn't buy the tickets?  Because I'm sure those tickets cost as much as an NFL game or something.  I also get a kick out of how professional he tries to sound...give me a break lol

What makes it even crazier is that the check he provided was made out to the dance school!!!!!!  So there is no way I could have taken his money!!!

That is why I am just dying to know what the scam he thinks I am pulling is!  I wanted to say, "I will let you examine and handle the tickets for as long as you want on friday, if you tell me what scam you think I am pulling.  I just have to know!"

• SueBearSueBear member

Tell him unless he makes his choice by XX date, you will take your preference of seats and leave the other to him.  He will view his ticket when he receives it, and not a moment before.  If he has a problem with the ticket, he may discuss it with the dance hall and ask for a refund.

Next year, if he gives you any conditions, tell him he has a choice - allow you to purchase the ticket on his behalf, try to negotiate with the dance company, or not attend.  His choice. 

He does these things because you go along with his antics.  You are just as messed up as he is, and obviously you are not moving on either.

• imageMelRC117:
    imageSigir:

imagefellesferie:

I still want to know what he is thinking though- am I running a dance school counterfeiting printing press in my basement, and sold his real tickets on stub hub?

I heard there is a lot of money in dance school recital ticket counterfeting.

Sigir, you know you're running a printing press out of your garage hahahaha.

Seriously, as PP said it's a control issue (or lack thereof).  He needs to feel like he's controlling something regardless of how stupid it is.  At this point all you can really do is laugh, shake your head, and feel sorry for him.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• SigirSigir member
    imageSueBear:

He does these things because you go along with his antics.  You are just as messed up as he is, and obviously you are not moving on either.

Yikes that is pretty harsh!  I moved on about 5 years ago, thanks.  I admit that I fall into old patterns that were ingrained over our long, unhealthy marriage, and I am working on that.  And everything I do has dc's well being in mind.  but I don't think I did anything to deserve a response like this.  

Wait, you're not... exh are you? 

j/k

• SueBearSueBear member
    imageSigir:
    imageSueBear:

Yikes that is pretty harsh!  I moved on about 5 years ago, thanks.  I admit that I fall into old patterns that were ingrained over our long, unhealthy marriage, and I am working on that.  And everything I do has dc's well being in mind.  but I don't think I did anything to deserve a response like this.  

Wait, you're not... exh are you? 

j/k

Yes, it is harsh, but you heed help.  You are completely messed up.  Get help!

You have married someone else and are having a baby with someone else, but that == "moved on" in any way other than the superficial.  Your xh is still living in your head.  Just like he has a girlfriend, but can't stop with you. 

I read your "funny" posts and bang my head on the computer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"