Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Trush

My 5 month old has thrush. I have no idea how he got it. He is formula fed. I took him to ped. and she put him on nystatin 4x a day for 2 wks. It did nothing. My sister is a nurse and she gave my genitan violet from her hospital, she said at the hospital they give one dose for thrush and it is usually gone. I gave it to him once a day for 3 days, than it was finally gone! Now 2 days later it is back! I dont want to give him any more. I have been boiling everything after each use, toys, paci, bottle parts. Anyone have any experience with this?? I will call dr. when they open but just curious, thanks:)
:)

Re: Trush

• My LO had thrush from wk 1-4 on Nystatin and then got it back about a month later.  After the Nystatin did nothing, my dr perscribed a med that my LO actually ingested.  It begins wth a D (Duflocan?  Something like that).  It went away almost immediately and stayed away. 

• wychetswychets member

imagejenskurnick:
    My LO had thrush from wk 1-4 on Nystatin and then got it back about a month later.  After the Nystatin did nothing, my dr perscribed a med that my LO actually ingested.  It begins wth a D (Duflocan?  Something like that).  It went away almost immediately and stayed away. 

Yes Duflocan is what we used for DD when she had thrush at 2wks old I believe it was 1x a day for 10 days...It actually cleared up in about 3 days but I continued to use it for the whole ten days just to be safe. It has not come back yet and DD is 5mnths. Also Duflocan is what I took for a yeast infection just a higher dose of course so I knew it would work:) GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We used GrapefruitSEED oil. Worked beautifully in less than two days.

Hugs, thrush is no fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"