Parenting after a Loss

Guess what I'm doing for the millionth time today?

Oh yeah, nursing. I'm bored too. I'm running out of things to keep myself occupied. Growth spurts and cluster feedings suck.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12

Re: Guess what I'm doing for the millionth time today?

• I hope it goes by quickly!

Question: How do you find nursing with a toddler? I'm asking because I have a few IRL friends who gave up BF after a week or so and went to formula because they said it was too hard with their toddler. Though in my mind, it would be easier/more convenient to just BF because there is less to prepare.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageTeacherVicky:

I hope it goes by quickly!

Question: How do you find nursing with a toddler? I'm asking because I have a few IRL friends who gave up BF after a week or so and went to formula because they said it was too hard with their toddler. Though in my mind, it would be easier/more convenient to just BF because there is less to prepare.

I'm curious about this too. DH and I are considering TTC this fall, but one of my many,many concerns is how to BF (especially these cluster feedings) with an active toddler.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTeacherVicky:

I hope it goes by quickly!

Its a struggle. It is easier to give a bottle as anyone can give it. And if youre like me, I can't nurse "on the go". I have to have my boppy a big chair and be able to sit for 20-30 minutes. That's what makes it hard with a toddler. With bottles, I'm able to sit on the floor with her while she's playing. Able to hold her while giving a bottle, able to prop him up while helping her. Able to take her to the park and not worry when I need to be home. It's really hard this time for me. I can see why people call it quits sooner with the second. I'm struggling with this currently myself as a matter of fact. 

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • Woot woot!!  I guessed right!  What do I win?  :p

Hang in there mama! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards