Two Under 2
Options

Potty training with 2 under 2...help!

My DD (24 mo) is so ready to go for it, but I feel like I can't  handle it with DS (4 mo) being so young (and clingy).  I feel like I need to give her my undivided attention to potty train, but can't with nursing, changing, and all things baby.  Any tips?
~Annie Marie~
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
natural m/c 3.28.08, image
My Blog

Re: Potty training with 2 under 2...help!

• Options
    I'm not going to be much help probably but I am currently in a similar situation. Mine are 27 months and 13 months and my 13 mo old is very clingy!  I'm just starting to try pt my ds and it's not going that great!! But I do find that we do better when dd is napping or I put her in her high chair w snacks. So, I'd suggest spending time w your dd while your ds naps - or maybe you can use the baby sling/carrier- or let your son have tummy time on a blanket outside the bathroom?! Idk! GL
  • Options

The only way I could potty train DS is if I had DD out of the house with DH. Those first couple of days, the second I turned my head, he would have an accident.

If I were you, I'd set your DH in charge of a potty training weekend and you and your younger one take off for most of the day, especially the first day. Tell your DH to do nothing except focus on your older child.  No electronics, nothing...just him and your DD, playing, and sitting on the potty every so often.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You won't like this answer but my solution was to potty train them together.

I read a book called:  "Early Start Potty Training" and it talks about other areas in the world where they don't have diapers.  They start them as infants teaching them how to release urine and feces.

I thought it was INSANE but since I was lugging the baby into the bathroom all the time with the toddler anyway I decided to put him on it one day.  Imagine my shock when he started peeing in the potty based on me making a sound to encourage it.

From there it was just something I was doing with both of them together.

I think it would be MUCH harder if the 2nd one was mobile.  

I'm glad we went for it when we did.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"