Eco-Friendly Family

ACV toner = breakout?

Okay ladies, trouble shoot me.

I started ACV toner two days ago (1 cup 4x strength green tea, 2/3c ACV, few drops TTO).  Today my chin is breaking out pretty hard.  I also started OCM a week ago.

What do you think?  Has anyone else broken out quickly from the toner?  Or am I more likely in the time frame of purging from switching to the oil?  

image  image  image

Re: ACV toner = breakout?

• Have you used the green tea on your skin before? I'd be more inclined to think it's that than the ACV. You can also play with the percentages if it isn't working well for you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was actually wondering about that.  I have a ragweed allergy which is linked to witch hazel and echinacea allergies apparently (?), and I have always had awful luck with witch hazel.  I wonder if green tea is the same sort of deal. 

I stopped using the toner for one day and did see improvement.  Maybe I'll try just ACV/water and TTO

image  image  image

• Loading the player...
  • I would give it some time, unless you are clearly having an allergic reaction, and not just a breakout. In the mean time, yogurt and rags soaked in either milk or chamomile tea are great for taking down the redness and irritation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"