February 2013 Moms
Options

I literally feel like a pin cushion

I went for betas Wed, Friday and Sunday and they got blood every time on the first try. Then today I had to go get blood drawn today so I could get my Rhogam shot and that took 3 sticks! One lady tried in each arm and missed both times. Finally I asked for Lily, she can get me every.single.time!!! My left arm is really sore and bruised! 

I will do anything for my kids though! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!

Re: I literally feel like a pin cushion

• Options

I went through a year of infertility treatments.  Some weeks I had blood drawn 6 times and then came home to give myself needles in the stomach each night.  Consider yourself lucky that you are just starting to get poked and prodded now!

In the end it is all worth it though! 

DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagetombomb84:

I went through a year of infertility treatments.  Some weeks I had blood drawn 6 times and then came home to give myself needles in the stomach each night.  Consider yourself lucky that you are just starting to get poked and prodded now!

In the end it is all worth it though! 

I had to do this with my last one to! 

ETA: Not the infertility part but all the testing because of 2 previous losses.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ShaylizShayliz member
    I definitely feel like a pin cushion this month... I took 14 injections this cycle, and I'll have at least 6 betas.. luckily I have good veins! 

Sorry you had a hard time :(

I'm a notorious hard stick and with my last pregnancy for the glucose test they tried both arms and hands and almost missed the window for getting the results which would have meant taking that drink all over again and waiting an hour for them to repeat the process! My DH is a medic and was begging them to let him do the draw Stick out tongue

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehippiegirl884:

Sorry you had a hard time :(

I'm a notorious hard stick and with my last pregnancy for the glucose test they tried both arms and hands and almost missed the window for getting the results which would have meant taking that drink all over again and waiting an hour for them to repeat the process! My DH is a medic and was begging them to let him do the draw Stick out tongue

That's sad that your husband was asking to do it so you could get your blood drawn. I bet you were glad they finally got it within the window.

That drink has so much sugar it gave me a horrible headache! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"