Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bald spots-Could LO have pulled out her hair?Eczema related?

I've read, that balding in babies is normal and nothing to worry about.

DD doesn't have a lot of hair, only a bit of peach fuzz...a few days ago, I noticed that on the back of her head she has large bald spots.

She has eczema,which has spread to her head.He skull gets red at times (no flakes or anything like that) so she sometimes scratches her head.In the last few days, she's been teething and pulling on her ears as well as kind of scratching/pulling on the skin on her head.I can't really tell if it's pulling or scratching.

Could she have pulled out her own her?Or is she going through a normal balding and happens to have eczema/irritation?Forgive me, if this sounds a bit dumb.I'm a FTM and it seems all kinds of things are happening to LO all at once.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bald spots-Could LO have pulled out her hair?Eczema related?

• If it's a huge bald spot only at the back of LO's head, then I would say it's from lying on her back and moving her head side to side.  She has basically worn her hair away, like my DS.  It'll grow back when she can sit up on her own and isn't on her back so much.
    Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • lullinglulling member
    I would think the same as the previous poster.  If she had physically pulled her own hair out I would think she would have been screaming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with pps.  His hair is worn out is all.  It happened to my son, and now my daughter has it too. She turns her head left and right, so her hair is thinning along back of her head where she is rubbing:D  My son, btw, has LOTS of hair now, so don't worry!
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"