Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

OMG!!! NON-Maternity Jeans makes SOOOO much difference in PPD!!!

Baby is 3 1/2 weeks old, and I been experiencing massive baby blues. My  mom watched baby today and I went to the mall for about 2 1/2 hours and splurged on 3 pairs of non-maternity jeans... Grey skinnies, blue boot cut, and black denim capris. I have lost 23 lbs on 3 1/2 weeks (not trying to, just came off) and have about 15 to go. It was depressing me wearing maternity jeans (which are now FALLING off and making me feel even worse and ugly). OMG! Wearing normal jeans made SOOOO much difference!!! I feel like ME!!! Yes, with 15 extra lbs but still! My normal size is anywhere from a 4-6 in pants depending on the cut, and I bought size 8's today. Not bad right?? I like the way I look in them!! Amazing what a difference wearing regular clothes makes! I can wer my own tops now too since I dont need to hid the giant band at the top of the jeans! Tomorrow is haircut day. Mom watching baby for a while as I get my haircut. I really want to feel like me... For those who feel like they dont want to splurge on "in between" sizes, its SOOOOOO worth it to just feel "non-pregnant!!!!!"

Re: OMG!!! NON-Maternity Jeans makes SOOOO much difference in PPD!!!

• Options

I'm soo jealous!!!  I've lost 52 pounds in 4 weeks since having my little one and have about 18 to go but my lower stomach is so saggy that I can't stand the feel of a real waistband and have even gone and bought maternity shorts a size smaller because it's more comfortable for that part of my stomach (plus I had a c/s so the skin is a bit tender).  I feel like i'll never be able to wear regular pants and shorts again!  My stomach looks small but I feel like i'm tucking in all that saggy skin.  It's disgusting!  Maybe after working out and losing more weight the skin will tighten up a bit. 

That's awesome that you found some that fit and that you feel good!!! 

~Julia~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    WOW! 52lbs?? Awesome! I have the muffin top and a little sag with my belly too in my jeans, but its not too bad. I have a belly bandit but it aggravates my C section incision so havent been wearing it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow!  How are you doing it?  I've lost about 33lbs since having my baby almost a month ago but feel like I'm stuck!  My doctor doesnt want me to start working out until after my 6 week check up and I'm trying to work my way back into my normal jeans but some of them are tight and I really dont want to continue wearing maternity clothes.  It feels way to good to be back into normal clothes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH won't let me go get size 8 shorts/jeans. He says i won't be motivated to work out. I normally wear a 6 and I have 10 lbs more to loose. It has been 2 months since DD was born. I work out every day. I still cant fit into any of my clothes. I cant even wear most of my shirts because my boobs are too big or you can see the maternity waistband. I just want to be able to wear something other than work out clothes with elastic waistbands. When I get invited to something I wear one of two, not so cute, sundresses that I have that fit. I'm tall and thin, but I still have a belly. My niece said to me the other day, "aunt Christine, I think your having another baby". Ugh! I just wish I could feel like myself again and everyone just keeps saying, " you look great" when I complain of not being able to wear my clothes. I think I may have to face that I'll never be wearing those loathes again and that I need to dress my new body, but DH doesn't think so. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCJPowers:
    DH won't let me go get size 8 shorts/jeans. He says i won't be motivated to work out. I normally wear a 6 and I have 10 lbs more to loose. It has been 2 months since DD was born. I work out every day. I still cant fit into any of my clothes. I cant even wear most of my shirts because my boobs are too big or you can see the maternity waistband. I just want to be able to wear something other than work out clothes with elastic waistbands. When I get invited to something I wear one of two, not so cute, sundresses that I have that fit. I'm tall and thin, but I still have a belly. My niece said to me the other day, "aunt Christine, I think your having another baby". Ugh! I just wish I could feel like myself again and everyone just keeps saying, " you look great" when I complain of not being able to wear my clothes. I think I may have to face that I'll never be wearing those loathes again and that I need to dress my new body, but DH doesn't think so. 

WOW...if my DH had the balls to act like this.....He needs to understand that you can go back to or below prepregnancy weight and still not fit into your old clothes.  Your body shape will be different....some people get back to their "old self" but most people don't completely....it's just a part of having a baby.  I hope that your DH can be more supportive of you.  I know it's hard and you will get there, but your body may not be exactly the same...so go ahead and buy some new clothes....screw what your DH says!

• Options
    imageRnMom2Be:

imageCJPowers:

WOW...if my DH had the balls to act like this.....He needs to understand that you can go back to or below prepregnancy weight and still not fit into your old clothes.  Your body shape will be different....some people get back to their "old self" but most people don't completely....it's just a part of having a baby.  I hope that your DH can be more supportive of you.  I know it's hard and you will get there, but your body may not be exactly the same...so go ahead and buy some new clothes....screw what your DH says!

I agree. I can't believe your DH would be so vain! You tell him that your body shape changes after a baby and you may never wear your pre-pregnancy clothes again due to larger hips and boobs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecrlacey:
    imageRnMom2Be:

imageCJPowers:

I agree. I can't believe your DH would be so vain! You tell him that your body shape changes after a baby and you may never wear your pre-pregnancy clothes again due to larger hips and boobs.

DH is a personal trainer at our local gym. When we met I was in the best shape of my life. Now 5 years later, and after baby, I am soft. I think this makes him furious. I wish I had more time to work out like I did pre hubby and pre baby. I just don't.  I work out for an hour a day. I just have bigger hips now. I guess I am going to secretly buy clothes, he won't know, he doesnt pay attention to that kind of thing. He is vain! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

After a friend of mine had her baby she left the hospital in her double zero jeans it made me want to throw up. lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"