Breastfeeding

Nursing tops & tanks help

Can anyone recommend a good nursing top and tank that is easy access, not too expensive and offered in a size small? It seems Target and Old Navy have some good ones but I'm really irritated with the online selection- pretty much everything is sold out in size small! Are the stores stocked better? I usually like to shop online but I'll venture out if there is a better selection in the store. Destination Maternity has some nice tops online but of course the ones from Pea in the Pod are like $50.00. Also, it loks like a lot of the tops would need a bra underneath. How does that work? It doesn't seem like it would be easy to access your boob if you have to pull open the shirt and then fold down a bra. I could really use some advice on easy access from all you BFing veterans. I hate pulling my shirt up and having my stomach exposed! Thanks a bunch!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nursing tops & tanks help

• I got 4 from Target in store, there were a lot of sizes and they come in three colors. I wear one everyday, I love them!

• I just got some nursing tanks from Motherhood Maternity.  I didn't love the price ($22 each), but I do love how well they work!  I'm larger-busted anyhow, so I have to have a real bra (no bra-tanks) underneath.  I got a pull-down style, so I just pull the tank down and unhook my nursing bra.  The huge bonus in my opinion is that you don't have to expose your stomach.  

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=93920400362&MasterCategory_Id=MC29

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm no veteran, but I have 4 of the Target ones (black, white, gray, and this orangish/coral color). I bought them on the store. I wear them daily pretty much. Yesterday I wore a nursing bra, regular tank & regular shirt. At feeding time I pulled up the shirt & down the tank and bra, so my belly was still covered by the tank.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought all mine from Target (in the store) size small. They are pretty basic but they do the job!
  • I bought mine at Target, in store.  Walmart also has some, but not all Walmart's have a nursing bra selection.
  • I am certainly not a size small, but I got my Target tanks from the store, so they may have a better selection.  I haven't ever seen any nursing clothing in an Old Navy.

As for nursing tops, I only have one, but I have to wear a nursing bra underneath.  The purpose of a nursing top is just easier access to the nursing bra, but they're not necessary.  You can definitely get away with either layering or an easy access top (like v-necks, button downs, wraps, etc.)

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ToraniTorani member
    I just picked up some shirts at Macy's. They have stretchy scoop necks that you pull down to access your bra. They are super comfortable and on sale!
  • I wear the Gilligan Omalley side sling tanks from Target. I just ordered two new ones today in size small white. They're like $19 each I think. They are great quality in my opinion nice and thick and no you won't need a bra under them. 
    Lionyl Osborne "Lio" is here! May 23rd 2012 at 2:54am 8lbs 4oz 21inches Born at 37weeks 6days
    DD #1 born 9/3/2003 - 8 years old - 3rd grade!
    DD #2 born 3/22/2007 - 5 years old - in full time preschool

• imageTorani:
    I just picked up some shirts at Macy's. They have stretchy scoop necks that you pull down to access your bra. They are super comfortable and on sale!

Macy's? Really? What department can I find them in? Are they with the nursing bras? Women's? Do they have a maternity section?  

• imagektpaladino:

imageTorani:

Macy's? Really? What department can I find them in? Are they with the nursing bras? Women's? Do they have a maternity section?  

Really you're just looking for a style of shirt, you can get them anywhere.  In the summer time peasant tops with elasticized boat necks are good because you can pull the neckline down and access your nursing bra but keep the non-nursing boob unexposed and keep tummy covered.  Other options are deep v-necks that you can push to the side and wrap tops (or faux wrap tops).  Also look at some of you maternity wear, assuming you are post partum now your shirts will have more room in them so you may be able to get away with some of those as nursing shirts.  And I noticed Target is carrying some nursing wear as well, but again, to echo previous posters, you still need a nursing bra underneath most shirts.  Unless your boobs are small and easily supported by a shelf tank you'll want the support of a nursing bra.  I was an H cup while nursing so the only time I wore tanks on their own was at home.

• My favorite nursing tanks are from the Bravado line at Target.  They are the only ones I have found that actually hug your body and provide good support.  After your tummy goes back to (well, close to) normal, the other brands of cotton tanks were all too big at the bottom, which ends up looking terrible when you are layering with another shirt. 
  • I actually bought 2 tanks from Target and I never wear them. Instead, I have a ton of the Merona basic tanks, which cost $8, sometimes cheaper if they go on sale. The are low enough and stretchy enough that I just pull them down. And for other tops, I just lift it enough or pull it down enough to get access.
  • I just bought several at Motherhood Maternity that are great :) I also have found some at Target cheap. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"