Pregnant after IF

Another TMI question...sorry.

I'm sorry for all these TMI questions - but I'm glad I have you ladies to ask them to otherwise I would freak out!

So, yesterday I asked about Crinone discharge and there's definitely been more since yesterday, but the past two times I went to the bathroom, there's definitely been pink on the TP.  Nothing in the toilet, nothing on a pad, but definitely on the TP.   I remember you saying Crinone can cause irritation.  Is there a way to tell if it's just from an irritated cervix?  I'm not cramping or anything, but I've only spotted once before (at like 4dp3dt) and it was so little and only happened on one trip to the bathroom.  Seeing it twice is a little unnerving.

Thanks again for your help, ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another TMI question...sorry.

• Lurking over here...

My RE nurse told me that the Crinone can cause irritation especially if it has built up in your hoo-ha.  She explained to me that I should "digitally" remove any big chunks every couple of days.  Maybe give it a try and see if that seems to help any?  GL!!

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
  • imagewinofairy:

Lurking over here...

My RE nurse told me that the Crinone can cause irritation especially if it has built up in your hoo-ha.  She explained to me that I should "digitally" remove any big chunks every couple of days.  Maybe give it a try and see if that seems to help any?  GL!!

Interesting.  My nurse/RE never said anything about build up or "cleaning out" and I've been on this stuff since 5/7 so there's probably a lot up there!  Ugh...maybe I'll try "cleaning it out" when I get home.  Thanks! 

• Loading the player...
  • wille2bwille2b member
    im on endometrin and in my last pregnancy it caused crazy spotting and the nurse told me it is super irritating to your cervix. do u insert it with an applicator? i started just using my fingers and the spotting has stopped. if your not cramping i would try to worry and assume its probably cervical irritation! good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageRFBsbride:
    imagewinofairy:

Lurking over here...

Interesting.  My nurse/RE never said anything about build up or "cleaning out" and I've been on this stuff since 5/7 so there's probably a lot up there!  Ugh...maybe I'll try "cleaning it out" when I get home.  Thanks! 

Hey hun, I unfortunately had a lot of experience with this weeks 5 - 7. It just stopped last week and I hope it continues!

I would get everything form brown to pink to even small red clots. One of my nurses told me to clean it out up there every 2 days. I noticed the crinone would be pink at times, brown or even black. However, when spotting got worse a different nurse and my OB (I went to see an OB before I was released from my RE because I thought maybe a polyp had formed on my cervix again - one did not) said to stop messing around up there because cleaning it out was irritating my cervix even more and our bodies will get rid of it on its own.

I was also told that when pregnant the cervix is a lot more sensitive and there is increased blood flow there so spotting is normal - particularly when we are shoving crinone up there. Anyways as long as it's not a lot of blood and no cramping I would not worry. I felt a lot better when my OB took a look at my cervix though - my RE office wouldn't do that so I went to my OB. 

Hope it stops soon, and once again I am happy to see you here! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • imagewille2b:
    im on endometrin and in my last pregnancy it caused crazy spotting and the nurse told me it is super irritating to your cervix. do u insert it with an applicator? i started just using my fingers and the spotting has stopped. if your not cramping i would try to worry and assume its probably cervical irritation! good luck!

It's Crinone Gel which comes in a plastic syringe - there's really only one way to get it in. 

• wille2bwille2b member
    imageRFBsbride:

imagewille2b:

It's Crinone Gel which comes in a plastic syringe - there's really only one way to get it in. 

oh poo!!! can you try to not insert in as far?? thats what they initially told me.. i hope everything is ok!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had quite a bit of spotting with the Crinone. I had to "clean" myself out regularly just because of the build-up. It is very unsettling but just clean out for now and I would bring it up at your next appointment.
    Trying to Conceive since 2006 Hashimoto's and PCOS diagnosed 7/09 Clomid 50 mg 10/09 - BFN Clomid 100 mg 11/09 - BFN Clomid 100 mg & Ovidrel 2/10 - BFN IUI #1 (Clomid 150 mg & Ovidrel) 11/10 - BFN IUI #2 (Injects) 3/11 - BFN Moving onto IVF #1 1/12 (IVF in Mexico) - BFP!! Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 119 Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 255 First U/S-singleton! EDD 10/29/2012 pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker
  • Crinon is notorious for irritating the cervix.  I would always find very light pink colored discharge while cleaning out. 
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Here is a very interesting story I found on MedHelp about crinone build up.

https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Fertility---Infertility---IVF/Important-to-read-if-you-take-Crinone-8/show/1288956

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
This discussion has been closed.