Babies: 0 - 3 Months

any non swaddlers?

I need some advice. Currently dd2 doesn't like to be swaddled. Once we came home from the hospital she refused to be swaddled. For a short time she was sleeping with us and I would nurse her to sleep and it worked out fine until she would fight her sleep. Now she is sleeping (naps and bedtime) in her swing. I'm sleeping on the couch while she sleeps in her swing. I miss my bed!! I would love to be able to put her in her pnp and go to sleep. How do I do this? Dd1 loved to be swaddled so I'm in new territory. I have tried to wait until she was dead asleep dead arm test and all and once I put her down she is awake right away. Please help! What do you all do? Ps. We have tried to put the swing in our room and she won't sleep at all. Honestly I think she hates our room.
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: any non swaddlers?

• Connor hates being swaddled.  Right now we do a loss saddle with his arms out, so that the blanket is not near his face.  It's working really well. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Our LO is the same way!!  But wakes up instantly on her back, so she sleeps on her tummy (which I know is wrong!  But our Dr said she is strong and able to hold her head so not to worry about laying her on her tummy.)  GL
  • Loading the player...
  • Stupid question, but is your LO maybe uncomfortable in your room?  for instance, we have a window unit in our room and make it like 10-15 degrees cooler than the rest of the house.  without swaddling, he prob was cold.  So we do long sleeve onesie with sleep sack and its improved.  Or try elevating the head of the PNP.
  • We don't swaddle either. But I do wrap him loosely with his arms out. His arms are always up by his face and if he's swaddled he can't do that. But our LO seems to be able to sleep anywhere. Your LO may just not like your room, unfortunately. You could try borrowing a rock n play and see if LO likes that. Then buy one if it works. I like it cause it sits at an incline and LO spits up a lot. Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • He sleeps in the RNP at night and I tuck a blanket in on his sides so he's all snug. For naps he's usually on his belly on the couch, in the moby, or in the swing. He hates sleeping on his back! We swaddled DS1 until 5 months but we didn't with this one bc the hospital recommended arms out now (bc of SIDS risk), so we did arms out for a while, but it didn't really make a difference.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We don't swaddle, but mainly because she was a good sleeper and didn't need it.  We probably would have tried it if she was waking up when being put down.  Sorry! Does your LO cry when put down or just wake up?  If LO is just waking up, maybe you could leave LO alone for 10 or 15 minutes to see what happens.  I am not a fan of cry-it-out, so I always get my DD if she fusses.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejesspacatc:
    Stupid question, but is your LO maybe uncomfortable in your room?  for instance, we have a window unit in our room and make it like 10-15 degrees cooler than the rest of the house.  without swaddling, he prob was cold.  So we do long sleeve onesie with sleep sack and its improved.  Or try elevating the head of the PNP.
    Definitely not stupi, I was thinking the same thing! Our apartment is very uneven with the temperature. I have a halo sleepsac so I may try that with a long sleeve onsie under.
  • Thanks ladies! There are multiple factors I have thought of and hope tonight will be more successful tonight.
  • All of my kids hated to be swaddled.  DD only wants to sleep on me.  I've been trying to get her in her bassinet in our room, and it's been a slow process.  I'm up a lot during the night calming her, giving her the pacifier, picking her up to rock her.  I'm slowly starting to notice that she is going down better and staying asleep longer.  It's very difficult, especially when I'm so tired.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't give in and bring her into bed with me so I can sleep.  :)  Hang in there, hope you find something that works for you!
    imageimageimage
  • Mine hated to be swaddled, hated to sleep on his back, only slept on my chest. .. For the first six weeks . Then all of a sudden he's fine on his back, can be put down half asleep. RNP also helped. Wait it out, it's true what they say about six week mark. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Is she warm enough?  Try putting her in a wearable blanket, or swaddling below the armpits leaving the arms out.  It might even be why she dislikes your room - especially if you have an a/c vent below or above her pnp/swing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"