August 2011 Moms

9 month checkup question?

This may sound dumb but what all does the 9 month checkup include. Do they have any shots they get? I had someone tell me that the docotor will go through a long list of can baby do this, can baby do that? This makes me nervous because I know compared to kids in his class at daycare, Chase can't do everything they can and he is the oldest(not by adjusted age though)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary

Re: 9 month checkup question?

• DD got one shot, and they drew blood(foot prick, Crash tell her to request the foot prick) and she just asked if she was pulling up and crawling. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Fuzzy21Fuzzy21 member

Yes, one shot here.

Pedi asked if he was picking up items with his fingers. DS is very active, so I don't think the pedi had to ask about other movements, he could just see it during the appointment.  Cleared all table foods except honey.  DS has been eating everything for awhile now anyway.

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No shots or bloodwork. That will be at 12m for us. General feeding and development questions, but that is at every appointment. I was just happy for the no shots thing. SOOO not looking forward to the blood draw. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Same as others. No shots just talked about food and some milestones. I think he was mostly concerned about sitting up unassisted. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good post.  LO has his appointment on June 8 and I am a little nervous as well.  I hate talking about milestones.  I think that my LO is just fine the way he is but I know there are certain things that he is not doing yet that other children his age are.  
  • Thanks everyone! I don't think I am too nervous if they do shots or bloodwork. With as sick as Chase has been this year he has pretty much gotten use to being tortured so I think he thinks its how life goes. I think I am more concerned about the milestones. I think Chase is doing great considering he was a month early and so tiny when he was born but I am just afraid the doctor will say he is behind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary
  • Polio shot and a finger prick for iron levels. Talked about milestones and let him play around a bit so she could watch him crawl, roll, pull up etc. Tried to get him to point to some stuff but he wasn't there yet (still isnt). Discussed foods and formula amounts and then went on our way. Luckily DS is a champ at the DR so he wasn't too upset by the shot or finger prick, just annoyed at the bandaid and enjoyed trying to eat it. DR gave us a dentist recommendation that gives free visits if you take your child in before their first birthday so I need to get on that one!
  • We have our LO's 9 month appointment on Monday and I am also very nervous of what to expect, I am preparing myself for possible EI just based on what I've read about milestones and everything. In what areas do you think your LO is behind? Ours was a 35 weeker and small 4lbs 14oz still very small only 16.5 lbs he can sit unassited for short periods of time and only if interested with something in his lap, no crawling or anything, just rolls everywhere. He's not using many consonant sounds yet, though we swore he said pool this morning lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"