Stay at Home Moms
Options

Concussion=throwing up

My son got a concussion a few months ago. He threw up twice that morning which is what ultimately led to the concussion diagnosis. Prior to that he'd thrown up once when he got crying too hard and maybe one other time in his whole life. He rarely gets sick. 

Anyway, since the concussion he's thrown up several times. Once when riding in the car, once after running around a lot playing, and then twice in the last 2 days. Yesterday he had just eaten and was playing outside but not super vigorously. Today he had just eaten and was still holding a bite of food in his mouth (he does that a lot) and may or may not have gagged.

I'm curious if the concussion caused him to be more susceptible to throwing up or if there might be something else going on. All of the incidents so far haven't been connected to being sick at all and he's been totally fine right before. Afterwards he tends to feel a little off for maybe an hour and then back to normal. 

Thoughts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Concussion=throwing up

• Options
    shotzieshotzie member

Does he have a history of acid reflux? Both my DD's have it. We have tried several times to wean DD1 off Zantac, but her symptoms come right back. When we tried again recently, she'd have lots of wet burps and would sometimes throw up if she was too active after a meal. Just a thought...

Like pp, I'd at least mention it to the pedi and see what they say.

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

No reflux history.

My daughter has her 6 month appt next week so I plan to ask then, or if he throws up again before then I'll call. I hate to make an extra appointment just for this, since he seems fine otherwise and money is tight. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definately ask the pedi, but consider going to a Chiropractor he may have knocked some neck vertibre or head plates out of wack, If you are big on all natural stuff, (I totally am) try homeopathic arnica 30c dose whenever your kids get a big injury, works wonders.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"