Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Question about pest control spraying...

We have not had our house sprayed for pests since I found out I was pregnant with DD.  She is now 8 mo. old.  DH is very nervous about having the pest control company come back in to spray.  The last time they sent someone out, the guy said the poison wasn't harmful to humans and pets.  He said we didn't even need to pick up the pet bowls or bedding (we picked it up anyway).

I am sure we are over-reacting. Is there any risk of having the company come & spray?

Re: Question about pest control spraying...

• I don't know what to tell you.  We got fleas shortly after D was born.  I freaked out!

The guys came and did the whole house.  I took the Dog to the groomers and then to my Mom's.  The Pest guys came the next day and did the whole house and said that once it is dry, 24hours that the dogs & baby would be ok.  We stayed at my Mom's for 3 days.  I just wanted to make sure it was dry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had ours done, and they are coming again tomorrow.  Better than living with disease ridden bugs that were in our house when we moved in imo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • If it is pet safe and you didn't need to pick up pet bowls, odds are it is aspirin based. Okay for us to inhale but when the pests ingest it they bleed to death. They use to use that at an apartment complex I lived in. I would ask for specifics so you can look up the MSDS on the compounds. 
  • We had a natural spray done. It smells kind of like root beer. I think the main ingredient is thyme. second year we had it done. It works great for ants and general bugs (except spiders)

Our pest guy is Tim, while he's only in MA, he's very knowledgable, also worked for Terminex for years his number is 973-223-3709, or he's on facebook eco-island pest-control. I'm sure he'd be happy to go through natural options for you and/or tell you risks.

I think someone in the November 2011 board works for a pest control company and knows more about this too if you want to post there.

Good luck, I hate bugs!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We just recently called to get an estimate and ask about children and pets and they said just to leave the house for 3-4 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"