1st Trimester
Options

Happy but really scared b/c of a friend's loss

Hi all,

Just having a terrible day...I know this sounds ridiculous, but I woke up with the most terrible gut feeling today that something isnt quite right.  Im 5 weeks, 7 days.  I have had very little symptoms....Some breast tenderness that I swear is less today than it has been other days, some increase in urination (but hard to say, as I drink a lot of water anyway), and tiredness (again, hard to tell if it is anything out of the ordinary).  No morning sickness...  But no cramps or bleeding either.  I know every pregnancy is different, but a good friend went for her US at 12 weeks and was told that they baby stopped growing at 6wks and subsequently had a D&C.  And the more I read about this, the more common it seems.  I know I am freaking out likely for no reason but I just cant shake this terrible feeling.  Unless its hormones and Im just having a bad day, lol.  Anyway, first US is in 1 1/2 weeks.  Feels like torture to wait until then.  Encouraging words?  ;-)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Photobucket
5/25: BFP EDD: 1/25/13, 6/12: No HB detected, 6/22: MC via Cytotec. Informed of possible bicornuate uterus.
10/2: BFP EDD: 6/1/13, 10/20: Natural MC
12/10: ultrasound w/saline confirms septate uterus (almost complete septate). Surgery to correct scheduled 1/11/13; surgery postponed while trying to determine next course of action given results of karyotyping
Diagnosed with balanced reciprocal translocation genetic issue
Surgery rescheduled for 3/13/13.

Re: Happy but really scared b/c of a friend's loss

• Options
    imageakasha0624:

Hi all,

Just having a terrible day...I know this sounds ridiculous, but I woke up with the most terrible gut feeling today that something isnt quite right.  Im 5 weeks, 7 days.  I have had very little symptoms....Some breast tenderness that I swear is less today than it has been other days, some increase in urination (but hard to say, as I drink a lot of water anyway), and tiredness (again, hard to tell if it is anything out of the ordinary).  No morning sickness...  But no cramps or bleeding either.  I know every pregnancy is different, but a good friend went for her US at 12 weeks and was told that they baby stopped growing at 6wks and subsequently had a D&C.  And the more I read about this, the more common it seems.  I know I am freaking out likely for no reason but I just cant shake this terrible feeling.  Unless its hormones and Im just having a bad day, lol.  Anyway, first US is in 1 1/2 weeks.  Feels like torture to wait until then.  Encouraging words?  ;-)

My only symptom is An occasional shot pain through my nipples.  I had a ultrasound last week and saw babies heartbeat. Its hard not to worry but it does get better. Hang in there till your ultrasound

• Options

I didn't have any symptoms at all until 7 weeks.  Don't stress.  Every person and every pregnancy is different.  I know that hearing about loss and issues with pregnancy can be scary and cause you to question everything that is happening with your own pregnancy, I've been there.  However, do everything within your own power to keep things healthy and strong.  Eat what you should, and sleep often.  The rest is in God's hands.  Take 1 day at a time and cut yourself some slack, your maternal instincts and worrying are just kicking in early. Big Smile

P.S. bad days happen, just remember that tomorrow will be better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks NK, that helps.  Not sure why I was/am filled with such dread today as opposed to any other day.  Trying to convince myself to stay focused on other things (like work, lol) until the US.  I dont normally have issues with anxiety?  Good luck to you!!
    Photobucket
    5/25: BFP EDD: 1/25/13, 6/12: No HB detected, 6/22: MC via Cytotec. Informed of possible bicornuate uterus.
    12/10: ultrasound w/saline confirms septate uterus (almost complete septate). Surgery to correct scheduled 1/11/13; surgery postponed while trying to determine next course of action given results of karyotyping
  • Options
    I have days like that too and also have had a friend with that issue. When I looked into it---a missed miscarriage is actually just a 1% chance so not very likely.  I think we hear about it more on the bump and other message boards.  So try not to stress---positive thoughts!  Much more likely for everything to go right than for things to go wrong.  Take care!
  • Options

As PP said, the odds are in your favor that things are going fine. Before having visual/audio confirmation of that little being in there, the lack of symptoms early on can be disconcerting. I'm sure you'll feel pregnant soon enough. As your pregnancy goes along, the baby keeps telling you with kicks that he/she is ok!

FYI, some people have a little bit of trouble reading about anyone's losses-- you might want to put in your title that there is a loss mentioned.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a hard time following this advice but the 'every pregnancy is different' thing is very true.  I didn't have any major symptoms until 6 weeks and then nausea hit like a brick wall. Then it completely went away at 8 weeks before coming back a bit.  Ive seen the HB and I still stress so I'm in no position to talk but try not to get too worked up about it.  Nothing you can do now but stay positive and relaxed.
    BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • Options
    Thx choppin, i edited the title so as to not upset anyone.  feeling a little more at ease.  i have learned about myself that i like to control my destiny, and this being out of my control is torture, lol.  but im doing everything im supposed to so God willing this lil bean will be sticky.  thx all!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"