March 2012 Moms

Losing my hair!

So I was really loving my nice new thick hair, but now it seems to be falling out left and right. Not to mention Zoe constantly grabbing and pulling it out. I'm wondering if I just need to get my thyroid numbers checked again. Before my pregnancy I had hair loss but my thyroid meds fixed that. Now it's happening again, maybe I need a stronger dose. I dunno, anyone else losing their hair?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Zoe was born 2/24/12 (17 days early) and Isabella is so excited to be a big sis! Thinking about having one more kiddo...we'll see. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Losing my hair!

• I am loosing hair too. Driving me nuts. I stopped while I was pregnant and was fine while BF and then when I stopped I started loosing it again. I did not miss feeling like I was a shedding dog! lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am too!  It's apparently very common pp, though having your thyroid rechecked wouldn't be a bad idea since it can also get thrown out of whack pp.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • salt78salt78 member

It's normal. My SIL warned me to expect it after B arrived.

Also just a heads up, but if you are shedding really badly make sure to check your baby's hands from time to time to make sure strands of it don't get wound around their fingers.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yup. I lose a lot of hair anyway but I feel like I'm loosing twice as much as normal. It's been better lately - I started taking the last of my gummy prenatal vitamins so in a few days when those are done, we shall see if the hair loss continues!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I heard about this pre-pregnancy, but never really believed it, especially because I hadn't developed beautiful thick hair because of pregnancy.  I totally believe it now because my bathroom floor has strands of my hair all over the place, and I constantly am vacuuming.   Also, every time I look at DD she has a strand of my hair somewhere on her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree - totally normal and happening to me too!  But, I chopped off all my hair, so I don't notice it too much.  My hairdresser even warned me about it.  She said I would feel like I am going bald.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't worry about it being a thyroid problem.  It is totally normal for you to have more hair loss post delivery.  I'm losing it like crazy as well.  Every time I look at DD, she has random hairs from me all over her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"