Georgia Babies
Options

Bike recs for a two year old?

So the little guy is turning 2 and obsessed with bikes. He is too big for most push/scoot bikes, and I think a balance bike will be short lived for him. Any bike recs for a bike that can grow with him over the next year?
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Bike recs for a two year old?

• Options
    myrallmyrall member

So, I'm a professed bike nerd and only the best would do for my delicate flower. (I kid, I kid.)

We splurged and got her the Trek Trikester for her 2nd b-day. The thing is a monster and she's still tooling around on it well after her 4th birthday. It was worth every penny. You'll have to visit a bike shop to check one out.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/town/recreation/kids_town/trikester#

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    if you plan to have more then one kid then I recommend getting a good bike, like myra mentioned.  its worth it in the long run.  but, what about a trike?  we started with a trike at 2yrs old and then got the bike at 3 (I think).  even right at 2 he couldn't pedal, and maybe that is the difference between a bike and a trike, but we got the trike with the push handle which was a lifesaver for when little people get tired and you have to push/haul the trike around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a regular old tricycle and we also got my son a balance bike for Christmas (he was 2.5).  He likes both of them but just rides them every now and then for a short time.  That one Myra posted looks cool, though!  :)
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    thanks for the tips - as always you ladies are super helpful!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I second the tricycle. Ava got one for Christmas and loves it. It took her some time to figure out how to petal but now she is very good at it.
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We got a Kettler trike for Owen's 2nd birthday. It took him awhile to figure out the whole peddling thing and how to keep it going. I think it is this one:

https://www.kettlerusa.com/toys/tricycles/2911

Ditto, Heather, on loving the push handle! He moved up to a little small bicycle at his 3rd birthday and has progressed really fast. Our neighbors have a balance bike and Owen is in love with it. A lot of the time he chooses to ride the balance bike instead of his regular one. I think he will be ready for a bigger bike for his 4th birthday or else we would buy him a balance bike now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We also have a Kettler trike and love it.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"