New Jersey Babies

Back-up for a sick child?

Hi,

I am hoping someone may have some suggestions for me.  I have a 15 month old and a second baby on the way.  We live in Oradell and my husband and I both work; my husband works in the city and I just started a new job, so I haven't built up any good will or flexibility in my new position yet.  I am starting to get very anxious about what I will do when one of the kids eventually gets sick.  We have grandparents nearby, but they are elderly and often have doctors appts of their own.  My friends who are local all work too, so aren't really available during daytime hours.  Does anyone know of a service (or something) that could pick up the kid or kids and either bring them to me or watch them for a few hours if we were desperate?  (I can make arrangements to take a day off or to leave to meet up, but at times it would be difficult for me to suddenly drop everything and my husband getting home from the city takes time).  I don't think we would need to do this all that often, what I am really looking for is some peace of mind so I can stop worrying :)

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back-up for a sick child?

• i would check around to see if anyone has a home babysitting service and how much they would charge for something like this. if there is no family around that can be a tough one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've used the Sunshine Suite at Somerset medical Center in Somerville in a pinch with sick kids.  I felt terrible but my 5 year actually loved it.  it was a big playroom with 1 on 1 care with a patient care tech (Pediatric nurse periodically checks in and gives any meds). She got to order whatever she wanted from the hospital menu. I know Somerville is no where near Oradell so I google "sick kid daycare nj" and also found a similar place at Holy Name Medical Center:  https://www.holyname.org/pediatricservices/sniffles_club.asp

R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"