Cloth Diapering

fussy baby on his first day with cloth

My son was born early and weighted 4 lbs 8 oz at birth.  We decided to just use disposable diapers until he got big enough.  He has been doing awesome gaining weight and is now 10lbs (as of 2 weeks ago).  I decided to start trying his cloth diapers yesterday.  I have One-Size, pockets.  He seemed fine with the first one and even was still ok with the 2nd one of the day.  However he started to get very fussy.  After cloth diaper 3 and 4, I decided to put him back in disposable just to see.  He was a little better after that.  He was a little fussy, but sounded like he has a lot of gas.  He is usually a very good baby and really only cries if he's hungry or tired.  So my question is... do you think it was the diapers?  Will it take a while for him to get used to him, since they are bigger?  Or is it just chance that he was crabby on his first cloth diaper day and just had bad gas yesterday (I'm not sure what I would have eaten different to give him gas)? 

Re: fussy baby on his first day with cloth

• My baby seemed to be a bit fussy after putting her in cloth diapers.  I also have the one size diapers and I think she doesn't like the bulkiness of them.  I say to try it out a little bit more.  The more I put her in them, the less fussy she is.  She has also been having a lot of gas, so I wouldn't blame just the diapers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DS gets fussy in bulky diapers. He really hated cloth at first but has gotten used to it for the most part. Extra bulky diapers still make him cranky though so I'm on a quest to find the trimmest possible. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • CD's have never made my DD fussier than she is in disposables. Even with her super duper ghetto booty in her ON diaper she's still just as happy as she would be in a sposie.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• My LO is typically a happy guy and has been wearing CDs since coming home from the hospital. So I'm thinking it's a coincidence and most likely was fussy because he had a lot of gas.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I find it really odd when people think CDs cause all these random issues. Some days babies are fussier than others. Just like some days you are in a better mood. Do you think it's related to your underwear?

imageimage
  • Thank you to those of you who were very nice in answering my question.  And for those of you who think that I think CD caused gas or were rude with your answers, next time why don't you just not respond.  Again I appreciate those who took time to help me out.  We are on day 3 of CD and he is still a little fussier than normal but it does seem to be getting better.  I am thinking it's either a growth spurt or just taking some time for him to get used to the bulkier diaper.  I am sure being bulkier it may be a little more uncomfortable at first.  We will just have the ride this out... I am sure he will be back to himself in a few days.  Thanks again to those who were very helpful in answering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"