Breastfeeding
Options

Biting

Last night for the 1st time, my 7 1/2 month old bit me twice during his bedtime feeding.  Following the first bite I stopped immediately and addressed him seriously saying "no biting mommy"  I waited about ten minutes and when I resumed he bit me again.  Luckily, I had an extra pumped bottle in the fridge which DH fed him, but the whole bedtime routine was messed up and it took forever to get him to sleep.  We had no other biting today until tonight when he bit me again during the bedtime feeding.   I again stopped the feeding after the second bite, but this is the worst feeding to have the issue with because he still needs to eat, plus it hurts!   Any advice on how to discourage this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Biting

• Options
    ksulliksulli member
    My DD did it a few times- I squished her face into my boob so she would let go and said NO firmly, then went back to nursing, she bit again so I put her in her crib & left the room. She freaked out for a few minutes before I went back in & fed her more, no biting since then.  Hope your LO gets it straightened out. 
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"