Nurseries and Baby Gear

Reviews/thoughts on 4moms Origami stroller

Saw this on Ellen and want to know if they are worth the money.  Anyone with experience using one?
TTC since June 2011
DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
EDD 12/12/12>

Re: Reviews/thoughts on 4moms Origami stroller

• I received this stroller from The Ellen Show and can't wait to use it!

Only issue is that it is not for newborns; i think they have an infant seat attachment for Graco only, otherwise you have to wait till 6 months when baby fits in the seat. I will use is more for peddling around my neighborhood. 

So far I think the quality is great, frame and fabric. I do enjoy the color kits so you can switch out if seat becomes ruined or you want a different color for another baby.

• imagedls80ucla:

Only issue is that it is not for newborns; i think they have an infant seat attachment for Graco only, otherwise you have to wait till 6 months when baby fits in the seat. I will use is more for peddling around my neighborhood. 

this is what turned us off of the origami. if i'm going to spend that much on a stroller i want to be able to use it right away. but, i still love the concept.

Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We tested it out in stores and I think you can recline it to accomodate a baby. I will try to look it up. I want one :) haha I also want the 4Moms Breeze.
  • According to the manual, it does recline, so you can use it for a newborn since they sleep so much. Most people use their stroller with the carseat because newborns need support for sitting upright...so a stroller seat isn't feasible.
  • I have one just for fun. It's definitely cool and fun. It's not newborn friendly. It does not recline flat. You would need to purchase the bassinet which is coming out in the fall.
  • imageGirlWithTheMostCake:
    I have one just for fun. It's definitely cool and fun. It's not newborn friendly. It does not recline flat. You would need to purchase the bassinet which is coming out in the fall.

Jealous!! haha We have an orbit, bug and a city mini...and I was trying to convince DH to swap out the city mini for the origami...he was not convinced. lol His main concern is that I have too much baby crap in our little NYC apartment :(

How do you like yours? Do you use it a lot? I don't care about the newborn issue bc we love our orbit and the orbit carseat, so we'd use that for the newborn phase.

• vigurlvigurl member
    I want that stroller so damn bad!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"