Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Know Your Audience

This is a prime example of when someone should freaking LOOK AROUND before you start talking. This is an actual quote that I just witnessed right in front of my desk. Yes, this quote was directed at anyone in the general vacinity and she and I definitely locked eyes at some point during her little pity party.

Keep in mind I know this coworker knows about what happened to me - not because I told her but because my boss AGAINST MY WISHES told 2 people in my office and she was one of them.

Coworker: Oh, I just got saddest email [this part was repeated at least 2x]... I had to give up one of my puppies and her new mommy just sent me pictures of her.

Yeah - that's super sad. I can totally feel your grief you self centered ***. Thanks for sharing your not-even-close-to-sad news with someone who is 1 week and 1 day fresh from having a miscarriage. I'm so sorry that your puppy has been given to a loving family who wants to make sure you feel included in the puppy's life. That must be so hard on you since it was your decision to give up the dog and all. Things must be really tough for you right now, why don't you just go home and take a nap?

Know.Your.Audience.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
TTC no sooner than November 2014

Re: Know Your Audience

• Options
    Ouch. People are insensitive. I'm sorry you had to listen to her.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    I'm so sorry your boss told people against your wishes, so you have to listen to things like that from people that shouldn't even know in the first place.

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, that was sucky of her, but what really caught my attention was that your boss told people against your wishes. I would be fuming. I'm so sorry that both of those things happen to you. I don't know if I would have been able to stop myself from saying something like, "You know what's sadder than seeing that a puppy has gone to a loving family that cares for it? Having a miscarriage and losing your baby. Yeah, I'd say that's a little sadder. Can you go to another room to talk about your puppy? Thanks."

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

Ugh... people are absolutely nuts.  I'm sorry you had to listen to that :( 

I have a FB friend that is constantly complaining and I just want to flip.  She posted a huge rant about how there's a flock of geese near their new house that always wake her up in the morning.  Um, what?  I get that she needed to vent, but it didn't have to be a paragraph.  It also irritated me b/c she hasn't reached out to me at all and she knows about our loss.  I thought we were close... I helped her through a lot of issues with her ILs. 

• Options

Yeah I was livid... actually more realistically, hysterical, over the fact that he told people against my wishes. I did end up talking to HR about his doing so and he apologized... I am still angry with him about it but I'm in the process of just getting over it.

I should also point out that there were only 4 total people, the coworker that said that... me... and the only 2 other people in the office that knew what happened. So I think she may at least feel bad about it... or I hope so anyways!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"