Trouble TTC
Options

Need some serious help...

I have still not done (and prob am def out now) for first IUI. It is day 28 of my cycle. I took femara cd 3-7 then days 20-25 after I had no response first time. 

Yesterday (cd 27) I got positive on OPK. I was so excited! Before RE was open took another this morning and it was negative. went for sono only for another let down. Follicles still have not grown!!!! (biggest at 9).  I have had a lot of spotting past 3 days too and my lining is at a 5 :( 

He had me do bloodwork and they are checking estradiol and FSH hormone. 

Has anyone else experienced this? What is going on?! So upset and confused. 

TTC #1 since 6/2011 Stage 3 Endometriosis Anovulation IUIs BFN IVF 10/12 success. Twins!!!! 2 little miracles due 7.3.13

Re: Need some serious help...

• Options
    I'm so sorry!  I don't have any advice.  I will start Femara/Letrozole in a few months so I am not sure how one should respond.  But maybe because you did have a surge/+OPK, maybe you could get your blood drawn and see if P4 shows that you O'd. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LtlAngLLtlAngL member
    I'm also not going to be super helpful, but maybe the RE would switch from Femara to injectables if it's not working.

TTC 17 months, Dx: MFI (morph = 1,) Endo. Surprise BFP after HSG!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, you may just respond poorly to Femara. You still have plenty of options. It sounds like Clomid might not be an option, since your lining is thin. But injects are possible.

I would be very wary of an FSH and estradiol level that is not done on CD3. I'm not sure what they are looking for with drawing those levels on CD28. Estradiol, yes, but FSH, I don't get it. Tongue Tied

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...