Breastfeeding
Options

What's your bad habit while BFing?

I have a terrible habit of pulling out hairs along my hairline with my free hand while breastfeeding. I think it's just because I don't know what to do with my free hand. Does anyone else do this or have any bad habits while feeding your baby?

Re: What's your bad habit while BFing?

• Options
    I spend a lot of time playing on my phone, or kindle or computer.  I wish I would just spend it enjoying my time with her. Which I do do to an extent, just wish I did it everytime. 
  • Options
    I read books on my iPod Touch. It's totally killing my eyeballs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I play games on my phone.  It's starting to become a problem though because DD is really distracted by the phone and wants to play with it too.  Also, if I try eating while I feed her she'll just watch me eat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The bump!!
  • Options

Playing with my phone or Kindle.

Eating and dropping crumbs on her head. 

• Options
    I want to know how you ladies manage to BF one handed.  I still have to use one hand behind DD's head and the other supporting my breast.  I can't do anything!  I've tried to remove one of my hands, but DD's latch always gets screwed up. 
    Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagehilwithonelary:
    I want to know how you ladies manage to BF one handed.  I still have to use one hand behind DD's head and the other supporting my breast.  I can't do anything!  I've tried to remove one of my hands, but DD's latch always gets screwed up. 

So far I mostly BF with us in the side-lying position on the bed or couch. It's the only way I don't choke her with my explosive oversupply. I get one hand free then. In the afternoons when supply is lower, we've been experimenting with BFing with her propped up to a sitting position against the arm of the couch... if I work that right, I can get two free hands!

• Options

I chew gum.  A lot of gum.  Pretty sure DS will come to associate the smell of Bubblemint gum with his momma.  ha ha

• Options
    I listen to audio books or play with my phone. Or I start grooming DS. cleaning his ears, biting off his long finger nails. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    raynesraynes member

imagehilwithonelary:

Ive got a rolled up receiving blanket tucked under my boob to help support it. I nurse LO with the football hold.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagewinter-shock:
    I spend a lot of time playing on my phone, or kindle or computer.  I wish I would just spend it enjoying my time with her. Which I do do to an extent, just wish I did it everytime. 

This. My iPhone gets way too much use.  

dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagehilwithonelary:

Boppy FTW! 

I watch way too much TV while BFing. And playing with my phone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I play online :)  TheBump here I come!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"