Adoption

Intro - Private Adoption

Hi everyone! I've been a dirty lurker for probably a year now. You can see my siggy for our history. We pretty much knew after our first IVF adoption was going to be the way we started our family. We just didn't know it would happen the way it has.

A week ago Sunday I got a call from a family friend asking if I would be interested in adopting 5 momth old twin girls. We of course said yes and it has been a roller coaster ever since! We met the girls Friday night and all parties involved and are meeting w/ an adoption attorney tomorrow morning. We could have them in our care as early as next week!

I'm not going to put the situation in the cyber world b/c you never know who is out there, but this is a crazy bizarre situation w/ a little bit of risk. But it's a risk we are willing to take!

After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
Forever our's October 17th 2012
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Intro - Private Adoption

• Welcome and WOWOWOWWW!!!! How exciting.,.. best of luck and can't wait to hear more :)
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • ellekaeellekae member
    So sorry for your struggles! But this is so exciting for you guys! Praying for you!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Loading the player...
  • That is so exciting!  And twins!!!!  Doubly exciting!  I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear more updates on how things are progressing!
  • Wow, twins is very exciting!  Good luck with everything - let us know how it's going.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • IRRIRR member
    How exciting.  Hope everything works out.  Best of luck.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Thanks ladies!
    After 3 years of infertility we were blessed with twin girls through private infant adoption.
    Forever our's October 17th 2012
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow!!! That is such great news and very exciting.  I pray everything goes well. Twins how much fun....let us know what happens. 
  • Oh my gosh, so happy for you!!!  That would pretty much be my dream come true!  I know we're about an hour and a half north of you (in Huntsville), but if you have any tips for private adoption, I would appreciate them so much.  My husband is 45 (which eliminates us from most agency adoptions) and I had horrible PPD so have been the therapy/antidepressant route (which would probably seal the coffin for us with any other agencies).  I'm at a loss as to what to do next.  Feel free to email me at laurahparent at aol dot com.  Congrats, congrats, congrats!  :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"