Attachment Parenting

Jealous of friend's healthcare providers

My friend has been having a difficult time with her 4month old between reflux and her not sleeping, so we've talked about a couple of ideas and I happened to be at her place when her plunket nurse visited.

a plunket nurse is someone who you see regularly from birth to 5yrs to have baby weighed, measured, checks fir milestones and offer general advice on parenting. it's a wonderful free service but it's luck of the draw who you end up working with.

my plunket nurse is fine but she pursed her lips a little when i mentioned bedsharing. friend's plunket nurse suggested bedsharing without hesitation to help friend nap during the day.

i offered my wraps to my friend so she could get stuff done while baby slept as the reflux makes her hate lying down. she said her dr had suggested the same thing and belongs to the local babywearing group.

i'm pleased for my friend that she has these really supportive health professionals but i'm a little jealous too. if i lived near her i would definitely switch. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Jealous of friend's healthcare providers

• I'm jealous you have this service in the first place!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageHarper'smom:
    I'm jealous you have this service in the first place!

Yeah it's awesome and they have a 24hr phoneline as well that you can call to ask for advice too. 

Obviously different plunket nurses have different approaches and biases but generally speaking they are really affirming and supportive, which is always nice to have especially as a first time Mum. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • imageKateLouise:

imageHarper'smom:
    I'm jealous you have this service in the first place!

Yeah it's awesome and they have a 24hr phoneline as well that you can call to ask for advice too. 

Obviously different plunket nurses have different approaches and biases but generally speaking they are really affirming and supportive, which is always nice to have especially as a first time Mum. 

I was able to have a free post partum doula after this last birth and it was awesome. She was a LC and helped me correct a latch issue from the get go, helped with older DD's bath and dinner, and generally was just a big help. Labor Doulas are becoming more popular in the U.S. and I hope that post partum doulas become more popular and eventually more accessible. New moms need more support.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"