Blended Families
Options

Why do people post stupid stuff on FB

I just saw a FB friend that was a very close friend of my family when I was little post this:  My x in laws r white trash Jerry Springer keeps calling for them. Just saying

Really?  WTF are you thinking, this is the mother of your child, even if it is true just keep your thoughts to yourself!

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Why do people post stupid stuff on FB

• Options

That is awful. It also makes people feel weird when they read it.

BM does this all the time. She once let everyone know how not well endowed her husband was and how unsatisfied she is. She then proceeded to tell everyone what she did like. Her friends commented on what they preferred too. Her facebook is a wealth of things that make my jaw hit the floor.

It is beyond me why people would post such things. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

yikes! was this person talking about their childs mother or grandparents??

hope that mom prints that one out for the books! 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I firmly believe it's for attention.

SD does this. She puts all her drama and boo-hoos about life is so tough out on FB and as of last February when I last had her as a friend, less and less friends responded to it. 

She once posted how she showered with her boyfriend. DH told her that he either needed to unfriend us, or not post stuff like that because we don't want to see it. And if she isn't a little more discretionary about her sex life on FB, we would unfriend her.  She stopped but the woe is me, life is so hard drama did not.

• Options
    Attention, bitterness, attention... Lol. Fb is a place for people to complain and brag. I don't do much c
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    Attention, bitterness, attention... Lol. Fb is a place for people to complain and brag. I don't do much complaining except maybe a once in a while '2 under 2! It's one of those days!' post. Lol. Other than that, my life looks like a fairy tale on Fb! Because you know, everyone's life on Fb is either perfect or REALLY terrible. Mines the former. Y'all know what a crock of shyyyt that is. ;-)
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    imageholly71087:

yikes! was this person talking about their childs mother or grandparents??

hope that mom prints that one out for the books! 

It said in-laws so probably MIL, FIL, BIL or SIL. But I was bored and tried to see if he posted why they got divorced and he called his ex a whore in a reply to someone, I am guessing she cheated but you should still keep that to yourself. And yeah, all I was thinking is ammo. I have not seen him since I was about 12 but if he did not curse in almost every post I would PM to tell him.  

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options

imagekaratechrissy:
    Attention, bitterness, attention... Lol. Fb is a place for people to complain and brag. I don't do much complaining except maybe a once in a while '2 under 2! It's one of those days!' post. Lol. Other than that, my life looks like a fairy tale on Fb! Because you know, everyone's life on Fb is either perfect or REALLY terrible. Mines the former. Y'all know what a crock of shyyyt that is. ;-)

I'm the same way.  you guys all know the train wreck that is my life/marriage right now... fb tells a completely different story, and I will be keeping it that way :)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I hate it when people fight on facebook, I just feel that that is personal business.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't know why people would do this. I go back and forth between complaining and being happy, just share my general thoughts for the moment, but never anything specifically about someone or something.

My aunt tends to do this a lot, I've reminded her a couple of times that our family matters are no one elses business.

We just had someone show up on the 6-9 month board that had known someone who shared pics of themselves holding their 6 month old in their lap while going down the road. She ended up reporting the woman.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would never embaress myself like that on FB. How stupid!!

• Options

imagekaratechrissy:
    Attention, bitterness, attention...

^^Exactly.  So many people use FB as their personal therapist.  BM does this all the time.  She goes on FB and blasts me and my husband every chance she gets and airs all her relationship woes.  And everytime one of her friends comments and "validates" BM's feelings, it emboldens her.  What's sad is she and I both have the school's PTA on our friends list.  So I get quite an ear full from the PTA President (who thankfully hasn't bought into all BM's crap).  All of it gets printed out and put in our lovely file for future use.

P.S.  I hate when people post pictures of their lunch/dinner.  Seriously, I do not care what you are about to eat...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"