Eco-Friendly Family

if you make your own laundry detergent?

Do you use borax? 

I have been making laundry detergent for awhile now using bar soap, borax, and arm & hammer washing soda.  I was just doing some research on using it with cloth diapers and came across all of this information on borax and toxicity.  I was aware of this before, but now I guess I am thinking about it more than usual.  Any thoughts?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: if you make your own laundry detergent?

• I make my own laundry detergent as well...using borax. My family has extremely sensitive skin, but the All Free and Clear laundry soap was eating us out of house and home. LOL...so we opted for this eco-friendly solution. 

As for Borax being toxic...it is only toxic if ingested. Sodium borate is a naturally occurring substance which is deemed harmless when diluted with water. As for using it in your pots and pans...you can actually use it to clean your pots and pans as long as you rinse well with warm/hot water. 

• I make our laundry detergent, but I still have a bottle of Seventh Generation I bought last year for our diapers. I'm using that until we're totally out of it.

I use bar soap, borax, and washing soda.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"