1st Trimester
Options

Just a question from a TTGPer

I was wondering how many people on here had absolutely no symptoms (other than a missed period, maybe) before testing positive. I feel there's so much hype about "just knowing because I felt different" or breast pain or "full feeling in my uterus." 

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just a question from a TTGPer

• Options
    The first time I was pregnant, I honestly didn't have any early symptoms.  I spotted for three or four days which I thought was just a fluky period.  Then a couple weeks later, I started crying at work and made the comment "I don't know why I am crying.  It's like I am pregnant, but I am not."  Then I went home that weekend and got a very strong positive on a pregnancy test.  As it turned out, I was off by 4 weeks because of the spotting I had had.  I was probably 7 or 8 weeks pregnant by then. 
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jobiannjobiann member

Everyone is different...some people will have some early symptoms and some have none...but the saying is if you have symptoms you should be able to test.

This pregnancy, I had a sore lower back and was extremely tired so I tested 6 days before my missed period (I wasn't tracking ovulation so I have no idea really when I o'd). And it was positive.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only symptom I had was dull cramps. They felt exactly like menstral cramps.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I didn't really have any early symptoms except for menstrual type cramps that lasted for a week without my period coming. Actually, I was eating some weird stuff but didn't really think about it until my coworker told me to go check. M/S didn't start until around 8weeks after I had already confirmed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't really feel any symptoms. My boobs were a little bigger, but that was about it. I was actually shocked to get a +
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CocoR04CocoR04 member
    I tested really early (11 DPO) and got a faint line, which just kept getting darker as the days went by.  I had no symptoms when I got the BFP.  However, now that I'm officially 15-16 DPO, I am having small twinges in my lower abdomen and back, headaches when I don't eat often enough, nausea after eating, and a yeast infection.  I always thought I'd have different symtoms, but I experienced these (sans yeast infection) when I got my period last month.  
  • Options

I felt a lot like AF was coming. Cramping, slight bloating, hungry for junk food, a couple of headaches here and there. Nothing that would make me think to myself that I might be pregnant, just my usual PMS symptoms.

The things that had me wondering was developing some cold-like symptoms, sore throat, and a cold sore around 8 DPO. I still don't really know if that was related or not. Starting around 10 or 11 DPO I had some soreness in my abdomen when I stretched, kind of a feeling like if you've worked out those muscles lately. 

I didn't have your typical sore boobs and fatigue until 5 weeks, and even still they aren't very noticeable symptoms. No nausea or m/s either. My cold-like symptoms returned at the end of week 4 though.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My first time (after a long battle with IF), I had a few symptoms that stood out to me, like dizziness, a nose bleed and cramping. After ds my cycles came back normally (amazing) and now with #2, my only symptom is cramping which I always get each month. Even now, I am extra tired and had horrendous bloating for the past 2 weeks, but that's it.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I only tested because I wanted to know if I'd have AF on our vacation or not. I had zero symptoms until maybe a week after my BFP and I've had few symptoms since then.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • Options
    The week I was late before I tested I felt like I was going to get my period. My boobs hurt and I cried a lot but that's normal for me when I'm PMSing. I did have some thicker discharge after sex, and as time went on and I didn't get my period I started looking up symptoms and that was one of them. I showed the website to SO because he commented about the discharge and he went white. That's pretty much when I knew if I took a test it would be positive (and I was 6 days late)

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    It's definitely different for everyone. But for my first pregnancy I don't remember having ANY symptoms. With this one, I had a "feeling" that it was it. Though I also had very dull pain/cramping too.

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    candr09candr09 member

With DD I had no physical symptoms, I just knew, I had a dream I got a BFP so I got up and tested. 

This time my breasts were tender but that's normal for me before My period so I didn't really have any unusual symptoms.  

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A couple days before I tested, my boobs were sore. That's not out of the ordinary for me though because I get sore boobs before AF. A few days after BFP, I had some mild cramping like period cramps that lasted about a week and a half. Now that I'm in my 7th week, I'm starting to get the nausea.

Everybody is different. GL to you! Hope you get BFP soon!

• Options

I didn't know I was pregnant until a urine test at my OBs office around 7 weeks showed otherwise [yes, I was surprised. After all, I was only there for my yearly visit/pap]. 

I had a week of bleeding from 4-5wks, no nausea, no sore boobs. No reason to think I was pregnant. I also had bleeding throughout my 1st trimester, and no nausea [maybe 1 or 2x I felt "sick" but I never got close to throwing up] and my boobs didn't grow at all until around 12 weeks so I could have gone longer without knowing. 

DD1 October 2008
    DD2 October 2010
    DS September 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options

I didn't have any symptoms. I got pregnant once and had an extremely early MC, but then got PG the very next cycle. Both times, I had what I now know was implantation spotting, because during our 2 years of TTC, I never spotted before my period.

But in answer to your question, I had no discernible symptoms before I knew I was PG. My nausea (all day morning sickness) didn't start until 5 weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    KiraH28KiraH28 member
    I didn't. If anything, I was a little more tired than usual.
    Married 1/28/11 
    DD #1 born 11/28/12
  • Options
    I always thought I would "just know"  I definitely didn't.  I thought the test was going to be neg as usual.  I did have slight cramping but I thought that was PMS.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Options
    kat9erkat9er member

I had absolutely no symptoms besides being late. I'm really regular so I took a test and it was positive!

I'm about 6weeks now and I feel a little tired, a little bloated, a little not-nausea-but-just-weird, a little cravings... all of which I've felt at different times my whole life! LOL 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Reyka9Reyka9 member

imagericecakes1216:
    The only symptom I had was dull cramps. They felt exactly like menstral cramps.

This.  I thought I was out due to the cramps.  Surprise, BFP at 11 DPO. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a "full" feeling, but I also had it as a phantom symptom. Just not....quite the same... hard to describe. I was trying to ignore it, and then my chart went triphasic and I started peeing on sticks like a lunatic, ha!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"