C-sections

Hospital bag for scheduled rcs

What did you pack in your hospital bag if you had a planned section?

I feel like I shouldn't need as much as I had packed for DS, for what I thought was going to be a vaginal birth.  

Also, when did you pack your bag if you were having a scheduled section, did you pack ahead just in case or wait until just before your scheduled date? 

image image image

Re: Hospital bag for scheduled rcs

• I packed at 37 weeks just in case I went into labor.  This is what I packed in mine:

Toiletries/make-up, nursing bras, nursing pj's, boppy, fuzzy socks, nipple cream, camera...I think I am forgetting a few things but those were the main things I remember.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I packed early - just in case.  I also packed more than I did last time, since I thought I would be more comfortable in my own clothes (didn't do that before).

I packed toiletries, night gown, yoga pants/tank, pillow, nipple cream, camera, phone/chargers, and pads (hate the big hospital ones).  I packed clothes, swaddle blanket, nail clippers, and baby book for DD.

• Loading the player...
  • I had 2 planned c-sections...I also packed early becuase I had problems with both of my pg at the end and never knew when they were coming.

I brought for myself....3 outfits....comfy pants and nursing tanks (I was in there for 3 nights so the 2 days after the c-section and one to come home in). I brought a pair of slippers. My hospital didn't have anything like shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, brush. I brought my cameras, labtop. I didn't need the babies take home outfit b/c my mom brought that the last day.

Everything else they provided.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just had a c section last week...... I would bring everything you normally would (socks, nightgown, etc) but add: 

1. A bar of Dial soap- they tell you to clean the incision by letting the suds drip down your body and over your lower abdomen area. Any antibacterial soap will do- then dry with a hair dryer. 

2. An outfit (besides pj's) for walking the halls after surgery- they wanted me to start doing that a day or two after as it helps with recovery. I didn't want to wear my nightgown since the baby nursery and other public areas were close by.

3. Flip flops- for the shower AND walking the halls after surgery

4. A huge box of Saltines

5. A huge water bottle

6. IMPORTANT: Be prepared with underwear that are stretchy, and come up past your incision- I bought stretchy boy shorts so that I could wear the pads, but the seam of the shorts hit right above the incision putting pressure on the area right above it. Finding the right underwear has been a challenge- and still is!! The spot above the incision is still swollen from not realizing the seams were cutting into my skin. Just buy the tallest granny panies you can find- you just don't want to take the chance of anything sliding down or resting near that area. Ouch!

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 44me44me member
    I like what the other ladies said.  I also remember getting cold, so despite Houston, TX 100 degree weather, I will be bringing one warm PJ set (I don't wear PJ's ever it's too hot, but I bought them on clearance just for hospital stays in an XLg. to allow for swelling, fluid retention etc.).  Also, my own water (I'm picky), and cute outfits for my baby. The flip flop idea is really excellent.  Not only for the shower, but because you will not want to bend over at all, so slip on shoes will be a must. You might also bring make-up, toilitries, and your favorite maternity outfit just in case you feel well enough, and need a pick-me-up. With my first, I looked like I'd been through a war (long labor followed by a c-section), but with my other c-sections I felt well enough to wear real clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"