Baby Showers
Options

Thoughts? (long)

So I've been helping a little bit with my shower, mostly so DIY stuff to be unique and cute without spending a lot. Anyways, I compiled my guest list so my step-mom can send out invites but I feel like this shower might not happen.

A little background, due to financial issues (me not being allowed to work my first tri and showing my second so I couldn't get a job leaving just my Fiancee working and not making enough with just him) we're currently staying with my parents who just got a new house...with a pool...right before summer...so EVERYONE wants to use it for whatever they have planned.  The shower was the first thing that was decided would be thrown at the house, co-ed, BBQ style probably, not sure about kids yet but probably since the people who could watch everyone's kids would be at the shower too.  As of right now our only open weekend is the 3rd weekend in June if someone doesn't ask to use the house that day (we've pushed it back twice to accommodate everyone else wanting to use the house/pool) but we haven't even sent out invites or gotten addresses for some people yet.  I didn't think it would be a big deal but as it's getting closer and no progress is being made I'm going to be a little hurt if the shower doesn't happen.

I don't want to sound selfish but they decided this before everyone else started asking to use the house/pool and I feel like it's going to be really late for a shower by the time we do it and it just won't seem appropriate anymore (I'll be 34/35ish weeks).

Stephanie Lynn 
*BFP3:7/10/14 EDD: 3/19/15--Renley Alexander born 3/12/15!!*
11/17/14-adopted a furbaby named Luna (born 9/05/14)
BFP2: 11/25/11-Aaron Alexander born sleeping at 31 weeks on 05/31/12
BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks
S&A together since 05/14/11

Re: Thoughts? (long)

• Options
    I think you're getting worked up over nothing. I had my shower at 34 weeks and felt great. If you think it's too stressful you can always decline the shower since the invites didn't go out yet.
  • Options
    pam1005pam1005 member
    I'm kind of confused as to why you haven't just said lets pick the date of the shower. because I need to tell "so and so" and get addresses to you. I don't see it as rude to ask for the date of the shower so you can plan other things.  Also, 34/35 weeks is just fine for a shower.  I had my last one with DS at 36 1/2 weeks and was still moving around okay.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepam1005:
    I'm kind of confused as to why you haven't just said lets pick the date of the shower. because I need to tell "so and so" and get addresses to you. I don't see it as rude to ask for the date of the shower so you can plan other things.  Also, 34/35 weeks is just fine for a shower.  I had my last one with DS at 36 1/2 weeks and was still moving around okay.

This.  Why can't you just set a date in stone and then that weekend is reserved and no one else can claim it.  This isn't rocket science.  Also, why do you think 34/35 weeks is inappropriate? That's a very common TO have a shower.   

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I'm going to have to sit down with them and get this all taken care of. I feel like I'm so behind with everything but maybe I'm just over reacting or it's anxiety that LO will be here in 2 months... *cue mini freak out of joy* Thanks ladies :)
    Stephanie Lynn 
    BFP1: 07/28/11-EDD:3/19/12, natural MC 09/12/11 at 12 wks-HB and growth stopped at 6wks

• Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    My shower was one week before LO arrived... Your good on timing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kjskjskjskjs member

imageEstwd2:
    35 weeks is not too late for a shower. And your parents need to grow a pair and stop letting people treat their house like a clubhouse they can rent.

my thoughts exactly

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I thought it was going to be late because all the showers I've ever been to have been around 25 ish weeks but never in the 30+ weeks.  We did pick a date, the 15th so now we're moving along with this.
    Stephanie Lynn 

• Options
    I'll be 37w4d when I have my shower. I am pretty uncomfortable now at 36w .... but not so much that I won't be able to enjoy the shower! (And hey .. if I go into labor during the shower, it'll be quite memorable!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"