Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Diva Cup ? (yep- TMI)

This is my first AF using this and I am emptying it every 2 hours. I have very heavy periods (obv), but has this put anyone off of using it? I'm also wearing a pad for back up.  Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? Recommendations for a different Cup? TIA!

Re: Diva Cup ? (yep- TMI)

• Options
    I have heard from a lot of people that the lunette cup is better for heavier periods. And while I have not tried the Diva cup I do have the lunette cup and an insanely heavy period every since I started mine again. I was soaking a super tampon every half an hour to and hour, going through a bag of huge pads a week and still ruining my new mattress (tmi sorry). I only had to change the lunette cup three times but I tried to do it more. (It was full though). Now that I am finally slowing down, after over 3 months and becoming anemic, I only have to change it in the morning and before bed. Needless to say I love my lunette cup, it is like I don't have a period! I felt free again!!! I ditched the just in case pads after the first night!
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    I LOVE my Diva but I guess I don't have super heavy periods.  I usually only empty it 2-3 times a day and it's not nearly full when I do.  I would imagine if your periods are that heavy then you'd have to change tampons pretty frequently too.  I recently read something about what's in conventional tampons and it really grosses me out.  I would probably keep using my Diva even if I had to empty it frequently.    
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love my diva. I had super heavy periods (~7days). The first cycle or two I changed quite frequently. Then my cycle started to be lighter ( one of the bonuses of the cup, I'd heard). Now my flow is 2 days seriously!  Stick with it :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, ladies!!! I started using the C-fold instead of the punch-fold and that seems to have done the trick. And I'm going to order a Lunette just to check it out. I lurve the cup even if I have to empty it more often. Seriously- every single woman should switch to this. I feel like I've stumbled on a well-kept secret. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    imageMsAng02:
    Thank you so much, ladies!!! I started using the C-fold instead of the punch-fold and that seems to have done the trick. And I'm going to order a Lunette just to check it out. I lurve the cup even if I have to empty it more often. Seriously- every single woman should switch to this. I feel like I've stumbled on a well-kept secret. Stick out tongue

I feel the same way and have the urge to mass post about it on facebook! Lol..I don't of course...
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    eww
  • Options

imageChelsiAnn13:

I feel the same way and have the urge to mass post about it on facebook! Lol..I don't of course...

Lol when I first started using mine I DID do a mass post on facebook.  I loved it that much.  I have a pretty light flow so the Diva cup works perfectly for me - I change it when I wake up and before bed. Now that I'm pregnant, though, I'll have to switch to a larger size for my first period post partum, as I'm reading that the smaller size doesn't work as well after a baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageKhrysty289:

imageChelsiAnn13:

Lol when I first started using mine I DID do a mass post on facebook.  I loved it that much.  I have a pretty light flow so the Diva cup works perfectly for me - I change it when I wake up and before bed. Now that I'm pregnant, though, I'll have to switch to a larger size for my first period post partum, as I'm reading that the smaller size doesn't work as well after a baby.

Everyone one of my girlfriends have given me "the ***?" look _ when I've told them about it. LOL!! Fwiw- I'm 41yr, and I have a 7y old and a 1y old, and bought a size one.   Love it! 

• Options

This is my first cycle with my size two diva cup. I've been emptying about every 6-8 hours and it's about half way full. I love it. I can't feel it and I did leak once but it was the first time I put it in. Like others said, I have also heard the lunette is better for heavier periods...

mom to baby Zoe, DX Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3, over 50 fractures since birth, 4 surgeries, uses a wheelchair, severe sleep apnea, mild hydrocephalus, beautiful blue eyes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"